Prep Cook Interview Questions
Prep cooks are essential to the success of restaurant kitchens around the industry. Prep cooks are in charge of everything from chopping and dicing to mixing and baking, ensuring that hungry guests get the wonderful dishes they expect. Prep cooks are the backbone of every successful foodservice operation, and they are extremely significant assets to a talented chef.
Prep cooks are responsible for portioning meat, poultry, fish, and shellfish, as well as shredding or slicing cheese, creating sauces and dressings, cutting and slicing produce, and labelling, date, and storing everything in the proper location.
Prep Cook interview questions:
- Describe an instance when you had a disagreement with your boss. How did you deal with it? What was the end result?
- Describe your prior restaurant’s busiest moments. How did you go above and beyond to assist? How did you deal with the pressure?
- When are the least crowded periods? When things are slow, what do you do?
- What do you do if you’re behind schedule and tickets are pouring in?
- What would you do if a customer gave you unfavorable feedback about the food? How do you go above and beyond to make sure they’re happy?
- Describe an instance when you went above and beyond to help a customer.
- When it comes to food preparation and plating, do you have any official training?
- What’s the difference between broiling and braising, in your opinion? Take me through each step.
- What foods highlight your inventiveness? What’s your go-to dish to prepare?
- How do you keep your station stocked, especially when it’s crowded?
- How do you advise your colleagues if you’re out of a specific ingredient and can’t produce a dish anymore?
- How do you get ready for the following shift at your station?
- How do you handle an influx of customers?
- Describe a moment when you assisted a coworker in completing a task on time. What role does teamwork play on the line?