Pastry Chef Interview Questions
Pastry chefs are concerned with the bakery department of a restaurant. Ideal candidates should be extremely creative in their work with excellent presentation and culinary skills. Rule out dull and demotivated individuals. Look for candidates with a knack to understand clients’ needs and perform well on their requirements to make them regulars who work well on busy days & under pressure as well.
The below questions will help you find the right fit.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a pastry chef should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Tell us about a time you received multiple orders for the same day. How did you handle it?
- What would you do if a client sent your prepared delicacies back?
- You have an important event to deliver pastries to but half of them have burnt. What would you do?
- What are your favorite ingredients?
- Which ingredients do you often use to improve the flavor of a dish?
- What would you do if you realized you forgot to add an important ingredient after the pastry preparation?
- What kind of pastry would you prepare for a customer who prefers savoury to sweet?
- Tell us about your most favourite dish till now.
- Which is your favourite between buttercream and royal icing? Why?
- Tell us about a negative experience during client service.
- How do you define exceptional customer service?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.