Office Travel Desk Job Description Template
This is a role for someone who has a passion for being an organizer and a cheerleader to everyone traveling from the company or coming to our country. This role is dynamic in nature and requires a fast-paced attitude to stay on top of duties. You will be organizing travel for the CEO, COO, E-Suite, and others as required. As a travel desk executive, you will be required to maintain strict confidentiality about travel plans within and outside the organization. Additionally, company rules about travel need to be followed. You will regularly be in touch with finance and HR to manage all documentation and formalities pre and post-travel.
- Manage end to end travel plans pan India efficiently and cost-effectively – airlines, trains, transport, and hotels
- Negotiate on best rates through vendors every time there is a travel occurrence
- Communicate with the person travelling regularly to keep them updated on logistics
- Manage emergency changes/cancellations in a professional and calm manner
- Handle visa applications and formalities promptly
- Handle all incoming travel requests and the processes that follow after
- Update HR on travel/leaves to be properly recorded
- Knowledge of bulk booking software and technologies like IATA, Amadeus, Galileo preferred
- Awareness about international travel regulations, customs, and currencies
- A degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field
- Good command of English, written and spoken.
Sample Job Descriptions for Office Travel Desk
#1 Assistant Manager – Travel & Expense- Genpact
With a startup spirit and 80,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands—and we have fun doing it. Now, we’re calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently, and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us.
Are you the one we are looking for?
We are inviting applications for the role of AM, Travel & Expense
In this role, you’ll be responsible for preparing monthly reconciliations, driving the process activities to ensure a smooth month-end.
You will work with the customer is to prepare the reconciliations every month.
Your role will function as an overlay of existing technical and domain experts and bring value through disciplined sales pursuit and solution management skills.
You will be expected to be focused on core activities like IDOC’s, Recs, Audit.
- Be the primary point of contact for all the L2 travel & expense query.
- Work with Clients to drive the activities smoothly and accurately.
Qualifications we seek in you
- Graduate in Commerce
- Experience in Travel & Expense
- Good Excel Skills
#2 Travel/Senior Travel Counselor – American Express Global Business Travel
AMEX GBT India is expanding! We are looking for driven and customer-focused people to join our Corporate Travel Service Delivery team. We provide intensive training and mentorship program to develop your travel knowledge and customer service skills. If you are passionate about travel, motivation is driven to help others, and willing to learn, we are looking for You!
SMART Travel Consultant
- Provide exceptional traveler care and customer service to GBT corporate clients
- Accurately complete end to end travel requirements both international and domestic travel arrangements for air, hotel, rail, requests for ticketing, fares, routing, and visa requests for Business Travel clients
- The incumbent should have good knowledge of domestic and international critical itineraries/routings (Geographical Knowledge is mandatory)
- Open to work in a flexible environment, roster off, public holidays and festivals
- Coordinate with multiple departments to ensure quick resolution for the customer to adhere to SLA
- Expect to work on financials (card reconciliation will be an advantage). Ensure the latest updated policies, procedures, desk Instructions are read & complied
- Excellent Customer service and communication skills (Both Written and Verbal)
- Service online requests for clients where online requests are decentralized through the offline servicing team
- Providing consultative multi-country routings for best fares and preferred carrier usage. Counsel clients on efficient, routings for the lowest available fares and preferred carrier usage in coordination with the Corporation’s business travel policies
- Maximize the benefits of GBT’s desktop applications and telephony to deliver a superior experience to business travelers
- Research and resolve client inquiries/issues at the point of sale. Coach, develop and mentor peers, new and/or junior Travel Consultants
- Deliver expectations against individual and shared team key performance indicators
- Comply with all legal and industry standards. Embrace the role of providing a superior consultative value to clients versus just being an order taker
- Ensure each PNR contains the standard documentation and documentation for any exceptions handled during the reservation process
- Must be a Graduate.
- Diploma / Degree in travel & tourism would be added advantage
- 2-9 years’ relevant experience in the travel domain
- The candidate should preferably have good experience in Implants, International Routing & Transit Visa
- Knowledge of corporate travel economics and travel technology/tools will be an added advantage. GDS experience is mandatory, Galileo preferred
- Must have experience in handling face-to-face client
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) is the world’s leading business partner for managed travel. We help companies and employees prosper by making sure travelers are present where and when it matters. We keep global business moving with the powerful backing of 16,000 travel professionals in more than 140 countries. Companies of all sizes, and in all places, rely on GBT to provide travel management services, organize meetings and events, and deliver business travel consulting.
#3 Travel Desk Executive – Forest Essentials
- Travel Management
- Managing travel plans for all staff PAN India, this includes managing booking for airlines, trains, cabs, and hotels.
- Ensuring that the best rates and travel and stay plans are opted for at all times. Negotiate rates.
- Coordinate and email the plans, booking details to all employees. Ensure this is done seamlessly.
- Responsible for renewal of annual hotel contracts and negotiating rates along with the Senior Manager HR.
- Handle Visa applications and formalities for the employees as needed.
- Maintain and swiftly resolve employee feedback of hotels and travel facilities as needed.
- Maintain and update the travel and stay entitlement sheet for all teams & employees PAN India, regularly.
- Maintain the monthly travel expense sheet.
- Maintain and approve all travel bills and email them to the finance department by the end of each month.
- COOs Office
- Managing the COOs calendar and any assistance that he may need from time to time.
- Scheduling meetings as required by the COO.
- Managing the travel arrangement for the COO as needed.
Industry Type: Travel / Hotels / Restaurants / Airlines / Railways
Functional Area: Executive Assistant, Front Office, Data Entry
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Role Category: Other
UG: Any Graduate in Any Specialization
PG: MBA/PGDM in HR/Industrial Relations, MBA/PGDM in Hospitality Management, MBA/PGDM in Marketing, MBA/PGDM in Other Management
Doctorate: Doctorate Not Required