Media Planner Interview Questions
A media planner manages the budget allocated by the company for advertising, including TV, radio, print, websites, and more. Look for a candidate with prior experience in advertising and marketing. They should be able to use metrics like ROI and conversion rates with comfort.
Below is the list of questions to help you find the right fit.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a media planner should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- How would you create an online advertising campaign on a tight budget?
- What would you do if an advertisement channel you regularly use lose its effectiveness?
- How comfortable are you with analytics tools? Which ones are you familiar with?
- What is the best way to get feedback from clients?
- Which channels should you use to limit the advertisings to a geographical area?
- How are Facebook and Instagram paid ads beneficial?
- What do you think of our current online marketing strategies?
- What do you think about paid advertisements on Instagram and Facebook?
- Which is the most advantageous platform according to you?
- How do you use Instagram and Facebook analytics?
- Tell us about the most successful Google AdWords campaign you led.
- What would you change if given the chance today?
- What was the most difficult task/decision you had to take at your previous company?
- Tell us about a marketing campaign of yours that failed. What did you do wrong? What would you change if you’d the chance now?
- How do you deal with conflicts in the team?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.