Job Description for Marketing Head
We are looking for a dynamic and market-aware Marketing Head who can lead all our channels and messaging. Our Marketing Head is expected to expand our reach, customers, and advocates. She/he will work closely with the Brand Head and cross-functional team to achieve financial growth and profitability of the brand. The candidate needs to bring with them a healthy and respectful attitude towards others. We like generous, good-spirited, fun people; and our culture works best for such individuals.
- Identify opportunities and campaigns to increase website traffic, revenue, sales, and retention
- Gather and understand feedback from customers and channel them to product and design teams
- Build KPI for weekly reporting to show impacts from the marketing department
- Lead product launches with creative campaigns across channels
- Understand current SEO/PR/SEM/Affiliate channels and then improve on metrics and impacts
- Set the budget every quarter for marketing spend with VP of Finance and Admin
- Oversee social media as an entirety
- Develop employee programs to motivate and grow employees over a period of time
- Monitor market intelligence and keep track of competitor movement and market situation.
- A leader who can command and lead the entire department
- Demonstrated success within B2B/B2C marketing
- Master’s degree in Marketing/Communications from a top-tier business school
- Strong understanding of Excel and analytics along with data mining
- Outstanding communication skills to provide direction and feedback for creative and analytical components of the Marketing department.
Samples from other companies:
Job Description 1: RateGain
SVP/VP Marketing – (Noida)
- The marketing head will be required to work closely with sales, product, and account management teams to generate leads for the business
- She/ He will be expected to operate cross-functionally to help in product marketing, creating lead-generation campaigns, and execute the annual marketing plan
- The person will also work on creating and identifying new opportunities to generate content, engage thought-leaders and increase awareness of the business unit
- The person will also be responsible for generating and managing PR relationships and manage associations with portals and influencers
- The person will also be required to plan the messaging, aid in collateral creation, and promote the event through a multi-channel marketing strategy
- The role is a full-stack global marketing role with management of end-to-end marketing responsibilities of the business unit
Primary Skills Required
- The candidate should display entrepreneurial skills and instinct in undertaking high-level strategic analysis and planning, together with the development of innovative value propositions for customers
- Good understanding & appreciation of brand and marketing concepts. Willing to learn on-the-go
- Experience in PR management or worked at a PR agency handling leading tech brands
- Strategic thought on concept creation, messaging, utilization of design principles
- Creative thinking and wide exposure to good marketing references
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and positive in attitude
- Entrepreneurial and aggressive in nature
- A-team worthy, accountable and competitive
- Collaborative as well as independent manager – a flexible approach
- Agile and flexible for the start-up environment and to work with a global/diverse team
Rate Gain is a global leader in providing solutions for the hospitality and travel industries for revenue management decision support, rate intelligence, seamless electronic distribution, and brand engagement helping customers around the world to streamline their operations and sales. Rate Gain’s global customer base comprises leading hospitality chains and travel suppliers and intermediaries including airlines, hotels, cruise lines, car rental companies, online travel agents, tour operators, and wholesalers.
Rate Gain has its services in over 120 countries, the company serves over 5,500 clients across the world. Rate Gain has its development centers based in India and has client-facing offices in the US, Spain, and the UK as well. Visit www.rategain.com to know more. You can also find us on the following social media platforms;
We are a bunch of young at heart, extremely agile, and vibrant workforce working round the clock. Constantly looking out for similar talent willing to run and grow with us.
Job Description 2: Droom
Want to be part of the most disruptive, innovative mobile commerce start-up in India with a world-class team, long-term vision, and top global investors backing it up? Don’t just dream it. droom it!
VP of Marketing will report directly to the Founder and CEO of the company and will and manage the team and efforts responsible for planning, implementation, and execution of all the digital and offline customer acquisition, retention, brand building initiatives. As the VP of marketing, you will focus on directly creating marketing programs that are ROI-driven, measurable, high impact, and viral in nature for a hyper-growth company. We are looking to team up with someone who is a passionate, high-energy person, a go-getter, and obsessive about data and metrics.
An Ideal Candidate Will Possess the Following Skills
- 10 to 15years of progressive experience working in a marketing leadership role with experience in Digital (SEO, SEM, Social Media, Email Marketing, Affiliate, Alliances, Display Ads, Video Advertising, Retargeting, Mobile Marketing) and Offline (ATL, BTL, partnerships, PR and community management) marketing activities.
- Prior experience in E-Commerce and/or consumer Internet is highly preferred but not required; we will highly consider an upcoming marketing leader in India’s Internet ecosystem or a second in command marketing leader in leading E-Commerce companies
- Demonstrable success in creating, executing, and measuring marketing plans and campaigns across channels with a track record of successfully achieving KPIs in the technology-driven environment
- Create, own, and implement overall marketing strategies, providing leadership and direction to team members
- Understanding the company’s unique market position, its advantages, and challenges for marketing channels.
- Develop, iterate and launch marketing programs, rolling out to multiple new markets and geographies
- Manage and lead the Marketing team, PR efforts, Demand Generation, Platform Marketing, Product Marketing, Program Management, and Brand Management.
- Plan and execute integrated marketing campaigns that build the company’s pipeline and also mature existing opportunities
- Develop strategies for inbound and outbound campaigns including tactics such as SEM/SEO, Email, Social, affiliate, alliances, and more to build the lead database and increase qualified opportunity creation.
- Manage, track, report, and present program budgets by channel -campaign costs, performance, and ROI through the demand generation lifecycle.
- Provide marketing expertise to the Company by building, developing, and managing a marketing team capable of carrying out the necessary marketing strategies and tactics
- The ability to articulate platform and brand vision to the community at large and also to internal teams
- The candidate should be an enthusiastic, experienced, metrics-oriented marketer who enjoys challenges and pushing his/her limits
- Ability to collaborate across departments
- Result oriented and ready to take ownership
- Must have a desire to make an impact and a high work ethic.
Droom offers competitive compensation, stock options, great learning & exposure, and merit-based career paths. Your career growth will be in your hands and your role will be what you carve out.
Job Description 3: Max Life Insurance
Responsible for Channel Marketing
- Work will involve dealing with proprietary and partner (banks) channel managers to propel sales and meet planned targets on specified products. (Proprietary will be a mix of offline and online channels)
- Understand seller and customer mindset and use that to identify new opportunities to meet planned category objectives and push specific product sales
- Work with Product and Distribution channels (sales teams) to create annual plans and work through fortnightly/monthly calendars of activities
- Manage project governance to be able to steer the campaign till the end and call out success/improvement opportunities
- Simplify complex jargon and product specs to cull out the best benefits and create unique product positioning
- Develop product literature for customer and sellers at various touchpoints – offline and digital
- Create new and interesting stories that help sellers, sell more or push slow-moving products
- Work with compliance and legal teams to ensure all communication is in sync with industry regulation
- Work with advertising agencies to share inspiring briefs, give direction to create and develop relevant and timely output
- Independently take charge of developing static and video-based creative work
- Ensure timely launch of campaigns, amidst multiple jobs at the agency’s end
- Work with BTL agencies to convert strategy/take marketing concept into execution
- Create a complete BTL campaign package ranging from the in-branch display, promotion, gifting, seller/customer events, out-of-the-box tools, and tactics to garner product awareness among the audience
- Identify and finalize Marketing Alliances, where needed, to pull up sales/generate leads or customer walk-ins
- Have/ build a network to tap competitive intelligence. Know what other industry players are up to at the grassroots level and use that to improvise/better own work
Measures of Success
- Target v/s achievement of overall sales plans for specified products
- Target v/s achievement of individual campaign objectives
- Adherence to deadline and Innovativeness
- Effective cost management –maximum bang for the buck on the budget
- Feedback from Sales and e-commerce Channel, Product and Marketing Heads
- MBA in Marketing
- 7-10 year’s experience in Marketing (Product Marketing, Advertising, Channel Marketing). Preferably working in a services organization.
- Ability to take project ownership and steer work with minimum guidance
- Ability to sell ideas internally and be able to get work done from external agencies
- Manage through influence
- Proven project planning and management experience
- Creativity and ingenuity will be highly valued
- Strong written and oral communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Hands-on experience in digital marketing would be preferable