Job Description of Lead Software Engineer
_______________________(Name of the Company) is looking for Lead Engineers. Apart from the development of information systems, the lead engineer will also be responsible for team management, monitoring, reporting and proper and timely project execution. The Lead Engineer will lead a team of developers who will be responsible for building new websites as well as supporting existing websites.
As a Lead Engineer, you should be able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. If you have a strong analytic capability coupled with a passion for creating innovative solutions and looking to grow your career in a fast-paced environment, this could be your opportunity to come on board with us.
As a Lead Engineer, you will need to produce and implement functional software solutions. You will work with senior management to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects. In this role, you should be able to work with minimal supervision. Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with customer needs and business goals.
Responsibilities will include providing and developing expertise in a variety of client industry concepts, practices and procedures, identifying and establishing strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for clients based on business objectives and budget requirements, as well as designing and overseeing the implementation of technology solutions. In this role, you will need to ensure that software deliverables comply with quality standards and are completed on time.
- Ensure maintenance of the organization’s operating systems and other technical equipment in use.
- Review the performance of the operating system used in the Company and upgrade it as and when required. Plan the implementation of a new OS when needed
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Remain current on new technologies and available vendor packages, evaluate and make recommendations as necessary
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling and staffing
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- ___ years experience as a software engineer
- ___ years experience in professional web development
- Fluent with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages such as ___________(input language based on Company requirement)
- Experienced working in an agile environment
- Experience with mission-critical 24*7 systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provides estimates and meets production deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties
Sample Job Descriptions From Other Companies
Schedule: full time
Location: Target Corporation India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560045;
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a lead engineer, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product. You create, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both).
You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a “force multiplier”. Core Responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you…
Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain. Evaluate new technologies and participates in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target’s technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership. Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies.
Lead or set a strategy for testing and debugging at the platform or enterprise level. In complex and unstructured situations, serve as an expert resource to create and improve standards and best practices to ensure high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables. Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services. Provide the team with thought leadership to promote re-use and develop consistent, scalable patterns. Participate in planning services that have an enterprise impact.
Provide suggestions for handling routine and moderately complex technical problems, escalating issues when appropriate. Gather information, data, and input from a wide variety of sources; identify additional resources when appropriate, engage with appropriate stakeholders, and conduct in-depth analysis of information. Provide suggestions for handling routine and moderately complex technical problems, escalating issues when appropriate.
Develop plans and schedules, estimate resource requirements, and define milestones and deliverables. Monitor workflow and risks; play a leadership role in mitigating risks and removing obstacles. Lead and participate in complex construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements met. Establish new standards and best practices to monitor, test, automate, and maintain IT components or systems. Serve as an expert resource in disaster recovery and disaster recovery planning.
Stay current with Target’s technical capabilities, infrastructure, and technical environment. Develop fully attributed data models, including logical, physical, and canonical. Influence data standards, policies, and procedures. Install, configure, and/or tune data management solutions with minimal guidance. Monitor data management solution(s) and identify optimization opportunities
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation
- Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target’s technology capabilities, and key competitors’ products and differentiating features
- Demonstrates broad and deep expertise in multiple computer languages and frameworks (e.g., open-source). Designs, develops, and approves end-to-end functionality of a product line, platform, or infrastructure
- Communicates and coordinates with the project team, partners, and stakeholders
- Demonstrates expertise in analysis and optimization of systems capacity, performance, and operational health
- Understands and develops solutions to foster data lifecycle management
- Maintains deep technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
The engineer will be working on complete ASIC and FPGA verification flow for our next-generation product designs. The candidate will be working on test-planning, test-bench development, tests creation, coverage, closure, will be responsible for block/sub-system/chip/system-level verification
An experienced professional with a full understanding of the area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways and effective ways.SCOPEReceives assignments in the form of objectives and determine the process by which to meet goals.INTERACTIONFrequently interacts with peers and customers to gain the cooperation of others or conduct presentations of technical information/project activities. Networks with senior internal/external personnel in their own area of expertise.
Requisition Number – 87939BR
Business Group – Operations & Engineering Services
Job Category – Software and Engineering
Work State/City – Bengaluru
Over the centuries, the world has evolved and advanced. New innovations change how we work. How we live. How things get made.
The next industrial revolution is here — a new test of intelligence for humans and machines. Where breakthroughs are hard-won and success requires sifting through overwhelming data for insights, clarity and confidence.
Rather than fearing change, we embrace its possibilities. We know how to connect the imaginations of people with the potential of machines to make the world work better. More intelligent. More connected. More productive.
We stand with the problem-solvers, the builders, the makers, the innovators because we belong to that community. And we stand ready to lead the way. At Rockwell Automation, we are expanding human possibility.
Goodrich Corporation Ltd
Experience in Creating/Revising and Reviewing Technical Publications documents (TOs, TMWIs, CMP, and ACMM).
Hands-on experience in Authoring (Framemaker, Arbortext Editor and Corena, UltraCSDB and UltraXML) and Illustration (Isodraw, Corel Technical Suite). Familiar with writing Repair procedures, Assembly/Disassembly procedures for Hoist & Winch, Aircraft Wheels & Brakes and Landing Gear Components are preferable. Experience in Authoring the Technical Publication documents per Simplified English standard ASD-STE 100. Liaise with the product design team and manufacturing team to ensure that the maintenance and repair requirements are completely understood and are written in the manuals. Develops methods and procedures to ensure Technical Publications Documents are in conformance with ATA/S1000D standards. Responsible for applying intensive and diversified knowledge of standards/procedures and meet the customer’s requirements. Identifies opportunities, develop the Standard Work and contribute to productivity savings.
Exposure to Aerospace design techniques and manufacturing process. Familiar with procedures and standards for addressing problems pertaining to products/standards. People savvy with good communication skills. Attention to detail, good editorial skills and highly motivated and reviewed the manuals created by other members
B.E in Industrial Production/Mechanical Engineering / Aerospace Engineering with minimum 6 years of experience in Aerospace Technical Publications domain. Strong knowledge of Aerospace Technical Publications Standards ATA 100, iSpec 2200 and S1000D.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
- JOB FUNCTION:
- Automobiles/Auto Component/Auto Ancillary, Manufacturing/Industrial
- Any Graduate