Inventory Manager Interview Questions
An inventory manager is guarded with the responsibility of ascertaining the right amount of stocks in the inventory to ensure its sufficiency both for customers and employees. While also assessing their team management skills, check for candidates’ capability in ordering supplies, dealing with suppliers and maintaining the inventory.
Here are some questions to help you interview and screen candidates better to find the right fit for your company.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities an inventory manager should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- How do you ascertain the amount of stocks needed by the company at any particular time?
- How do you ensure the company has the necessary stock at all times?
- What would you do if the inventory doesn’t have enough stock to meet the demand of customers and employees?
- What would you do if an urgent order comes in for a product that is low on stock?
- What would you do if a mishap takes place at the inventory?
- Do you know the safety regulations and measures to be followed at inventories?
- What is cycle counting? When would you use it?
- What is EOQ?
- What would you do if an employee violates a company policy?
- How would you schedule the shifts for your teammates?
- How would you handle a delayed shipment?
- How comfortable are you with inventory management software?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.