Inside Sales Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an inside sales manager with proven records of improving efficiency and effectiveness within his or her team.
Your primary role will include monitoring and overseeing sales metrics and the entire inside sales team. You will also be required to communicate at multiple levels within the sales process. Thus, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
If setting targets and encouraging your team towards achieving them and analyzing potential clients gives you thrills, this job is for you!
- Build a team of inside sales executives with the potential to exceed team goals.
- Set challenging yet achievable goals and track progress.
- Prepare reports based on target, actual, and forecasted sales and report to VP Sales.
- Suggest improvements in the existing sales administration process.
- Generate valuable leads for the inside sales executives.
- Actively use customer feedback to provide better services.
- Work in synchronization with the Marketing and Product Development teams to achieve company goals.
- Minimum X Years of relevant experience.
- Bachelors’ or Master’s Degree in Sales or Marketing.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Exceptional Communication Skills.
- Great understanding of Sales and Purchasing Behavior.
- Familiar with MS Office and CRM software.
About the Company:_______________
Sample Job Description From other Companies:
- The Inside Sales Manager is a proven sales leader, purposeful planner, people leader, sales challenger, market maker, and a social seller.
- Sales Leader: Disciplined in business management; adaptable to a culture of accountability; meets sales targets and operational standards.
- The Inside Specialist Manager is consistent and predictable in managing Solution-led businesses.
- Purposeful Planner: Builds a purposeful sales plan with a bold ambition to identify and capitalize on transformational shifts in the market.
- Ensure appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution area: Solution sellers directly leading 50%+ of the cloud and SQL opportunities, with 50%+ partner attach rate to qualified opptys.
- People Leader: Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example, and preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization. Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the Solution Sellers and at the subsidiary, regional or corporate levels.
- Sales Challenger: Coaches Seller’s with a “challenger mentality” by prompting Seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
- Market Maker: Transforms markets with solutions that change the game by co-selling with partners that make deals bigger and faster, and change the risk profile.
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration; Lead Solution sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions (drive solution area thinking and behaviors), increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Social Seller: Builds a strong and active business network that stretches and influences far beyond themselves.
- Business transformation: Lead STU sellers and technical sellers to drive cloud businesses growth at or above targets, and lead cross-team to ensure consumption of cloud services sold.
- Partner Engagement: Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners, and co-sell with them to make deals bigger and faster.
- 5-10 years of related senior sales experience in the advanced BDM workloads and BS/BA degree is required. MBA preferred.
- Sales, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.)
- Industry certifications including but are not limited to PMI, Selling, local technology associations, etc. a plus.
- 8+ years of related experience: Senior sales leadership roles, managing high-performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies
- Experience driving organizational transformations while delivering on short-term results;
- Strategic planner with track record driving results faster than the competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth and consumption)
- Solid interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration, and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Talent attractor: Proven history attracting and developing new leaders
- Meaningful non-Microsoft prior sales leader experience at IT Consulting and services or cloud services company.
- Success-driven works well in a diverse team, and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- The benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages, and monitor high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members’ primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports the development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manage larger team(s), managers (Manager I’s) of teams, area(s), or customer(s) with broad scope or impact, including setting organizational direction/work prioritization, people development, cost management, and alignment with larger business goals.
- Coach and mentor employee direct reports. May coach and mentor non-direct reports as needed. Manage FPR process for HP employees. Manage team and individual performance.
- Advise management and peers on broad organizational, technical, and strategic matters of importance.
- Create a strategic business plan for the organization within guidelines of documented Business Unit/Corporate objectives; ensure proposed projects receive appropriate support.
- Assigns responsibilities, provides direction, leadership, and coaching removes barriers as needed to enable direct reports to execute their roles and achieve objectives and goals.
- Creates a working environment that is conducive to individual growth, high performance, is challenging and rewarding. Achieves diversity and other HR goals.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent work experience.
- May hold a Master’s or advanced degree in a related field. Typically, 10+ years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Typical skills include:
- (strong) Workforce management/development
- (developing) Managing Managers
- Strategic Planning
- (developing) Negotiation Skills(strong) Influencing Others
- Escalation management, customer relationship-building
- Knowledge of Corporate capabilities and outsourcing industry norms
- (strong) Business Analysis and Planning
- Financial Management/Cost Management
- General Project Management
- General understanding of technology in direct responsibility
- General understanding of related technologies
- Knowledge of industry and market trends
- Generate revenue and make a huge impact on Edureka’s growth, by developing/maintaining customer relationships and positioning Edureka’s products in the market
- Inbound and Outbound customer calls and converts them into sales. Ready to work in UK/US Shift.
- Maintain, build and update calling/mailing databases
- Research on different tools to increase the sales and business opportunities
- Demonstrate initiatives for refinement & strengthening of existing product
- Regular follow up with new and existing customers
- 0-2 years of experience in Inside Sales/telesales experience in a B2C environment with excellent communication skills, enthusiastic go-getter, and willingness to meet targets
- Consistent track record of achieving sales target (monthly/quarterly), preferably from an Education industry background.
- Experience in selling Software products/Services in the past preferred.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated perseverance, motivation, diligence with attention to detail.
Salary: 4.5 LPA – 5.5 LPA
Job Type: Full Time. Job Role: Sales / Marketing Executive
Job Category : MBA,Walkin,BSc/BCA/BBM,Dream Jobs/5 lpa,Sales and Marketing,Logistics / Transportation
Hiring Process: Walk-In, Written-test, Face to Face Interview, Group Discussion
Who can apply: Freshers and Experienced (0 to 2 Years )