Financial Controller Job Description Template
We are looking for a results-driven and confident financial controller, also known as a financial comptroller, to manage and improve our organization’s financial performance and direct our accounting operations. You have to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, and the development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
The core duties of the financial controller would be to manage all finance and accounting operations, coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances, and prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Manage all accounting operations including billing, payroll, A/R, A/P, GL and counsel, cost accounting, inventory accounting, and revenue recognition.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Analyze financial data.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial reports.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes.
- Manage cash flow.
- Stakeholder management.
- Debt management and collection.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop, document, and monitor business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Supervise and prepare income statements.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing.
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Proven experience in finance management.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Minute attention to details
- Auditing experience.
- Compliance oriented.
- Understanding of data privacy standards.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Analytical skills.
- Participant in a CPA (Certified Practising Accountants) or CA (Chartered Accountants) program.
Permanent Job, Full Time
As per the industry standards.
Samples Job Descriptions
Finance Planning and Analysis Role
Location – Kolkata
Experience: 3 – 5 Years
- Client Management
- Team management
- Monthly Book close: GL scrutiny, Posting of Entries Accruals, Prepayment, Cross Charges, Invoicing
- Financial Month-end reporting (includes Hyperion), Reporting packs and Reconciliation files, Analysis of Actuals to Forecast and Budget, investigating reasons for the difference
- Forecasting: Preparation of forecast based on discussion with Operation leads, past trend and Upload to Forecast to Mgt Reporting tool
- Working with delivery to understand issues impacting finance and resolve them
- Monthly Reviews with Finance and Business
#2 Icronex Technology Pvt Ltd.
- Candidate should have working experience with large Indian International freight companies handing multiple locations
- Possess leadership qualities to re-build Accounting systems, train and lead Pan India
- Accounts and Finance teams.
- IT Savvy to operate FRT software with excellent command over Excel Pivot building and MIS reports.
- In-depth knowledge of Transfer pricing and all aspects of Finance and Accounts including Govt. Compliances etc.
- The ideal candidate should have handled a P/L of at least + 100 crores & above.
- Candidate should be able to work and deliver under challenging and Pressure build-up working culture
What do we expect from you?
- A Qualified Chartered Accountant – Age not exceeding 45 years
- Should have 6 – 8 years of experience in similar profile
- Good communication skills in the English language
- In-depth knowledge and command to handle Tally 9.10 & Excel is a must
Qualification: B.Com/CA ,ICWA
Experience: 8 – 12 Yrs preferably in the field of Financial Budgeting.
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance department.
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five-year and ten-year business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Design, establish and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Serve as primary legislative liaison relative to company financial issues.
- Oversee financial management of foreign operations to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.