Finance Manager Interview Questions
A finance manager overlooks the financial decisions and risk management of the company. You want to screen candidates based on their knowledge of the domain (accounting, planning, and budgets), prior experience in the field, risk analysis skills, and ability to take tough decisions.
Here are the questions to ask candidates to help you find the right fit for your company.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a finance manager should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- How comfortable are you using Oracle or any database management software?
- What does a cash-flow statement reveal about a company?
- What was the biggest budget you managed in your entire career?
- What was your most beneficial financial advice? How did it help?
- What is your experience with risk management?
- How good are you at creating and presenting financial documents?
- How would you deal with a situation where your subordinate has made an error?
- How do you avoid making errors?
- Which factors or metrics do you consider to evaluate a company’s progress?
- What is working capital?
- Tell us about a time when your mistake led to a loss. How did you deal with it?
- How will you calculate and interpret ROI?
- Tell us about a time when you did not agree with the higher management over a financial decision. What happened?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.