Job Description for a Field Engineer
A field engineer is responsible for maintaining and the upkeep of equipment and infrastructure of the site being worked on. They play the role of both the engineers and the technicians.
Additionally, this job requires a large amount of outdoor work and therefore we expect preparedness when servicing a client site. Due to the nature of the work, field engineers will spend most of their duty hours on sites and desk work will be minimal.
Responsibilities of a Field Engineer:
- Manage on-site machinery and operations daily, reporting back with updates and findings
- Generate monthly and daily reports of work done indicating project progress
- Ensure the safety of equipment and personnel is maintained on-site
- Offer technical support to team on-site to ensure no roadblocks are left unattended
- Understand and can carry out instructions from the Construction Manager for day-to-day activities.
- Verify that construction progress is submitted by contractors every week
- Attend and contribute to meetings such as reporting, a week ahead, inter-team, contract progress, and so on.
- Translate engineering diagrams, drawings, and reference images provided by Engineers to the on-ground team
- Check and review the temporary assembly assets on-site for safety and durability
- Contribute towards learning during safety meetings to ensure the latest practices are matched and upheld
- Take direction from field engineering management, lead field engineers, and project management to maintain productivity goals.
- Maintain and update a database containing the status of machinery
- Attend and represent work center at all meetings relevant to the project
- Ability to prioritize own workload, manage the time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program or budget.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering field.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work in adverse weather and occasional overtime and weekends
- Ability to interpret technical issues through the non-technical description provided by their customers.
Samples from other companies:
#1 Circle O&M – Field Support Engineer
- Infra Uptime as per MSA and SLA guidelines
- Alarm compliance
- Beat plan compliance for OME Technicians and self (Supervisor Beat Plan)
- PM/CM compliance
- Training and Development of Technicians
- Trouble Ticket resolution
- Optimization in Energy cost
- Compliance of DTS
- Identifying high Diesel consumption sites and recommending their remedy action
- Minimizing EB faults
- Facilitating in converting non-EB sites to EB sites
- DCEM Compliance
- DG running hrs. compliance
- Site Stability
- Identifying frequent failing sites and recommending corrective action
- Support in replacement of aged/faulty equipment
- Support in the replenishment of required infra equipment
- Analyze KPI performance of OME partner
- Identifying sites below MSA and corrective action
- ESH Compliance
- Site Hygiene; compliance to Vulcan requirements
- Adhering to SOPs
- Ensuring correctly rated equipment
- Monitor use of PPE by technicians
- Support in regular training on fire and electrical safety on the ground
- Site delivery as per MSA – New/Sharing/Optional Product/Cabex/3G/LTE/ Energy Projects
- Ensure proper HOTO to O&M team
- Quality & AT for any new project done at a site
- P1 compliance for any new site
- Site new build supervision as per requirements set by Cluster Manager
Minimum Educational Qualifications to perform this job
- Degree (Mechanical, Electrical) – will be preferred – for new hires
- ITI with 3 years of experience
- Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of basic Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of DG sets, AC power management system, DC power management system, Battery backup system, HVAC, antenna & basics of GSM/CDMA technology will be added advantage
Skills / Competencies
- Analytical and managerial
- Planning and Organizing
- Team management skills
- Time management
- Relevant Experience (Functions, roles, duration)
- 1 – 2 years of on-ground experience; working with OME partners in Active/ Passive infrastructure
#2 AXIOM EV PRODUCTS PVT.LTD – Field Service Engineer
ONLY ITI / DIPLOMA ( ELECTRONICS / ELECTRICAL )
**Urgently Required ITI/Diploma Electronics / Electrical Freshers Or 1 Year Experience
To carry out service of the product as per the defined process:
- Onsite service to all the OEMs and their Respective Dealers
- Failure units received from customers.
- Customers walk-in services at Service Centers
- Service of products within warranty and out of warranty
- Shall provide timely service of products as per the commitment given to customers.
- Shall service/repair all the products as per the Quality standards, as per the latest revision of the documented procedures, work instructions, and forms & formats
- Shall safeguard the customer property during the service process right from receipt to dispatch.
- To provide feedback on product performance and failures which are failed within the warranty period.
Responsibilities and Duties
- This is entirely Field Based Job
- Regularly required to Visit the Customer Places and Provide the Service
- Involved in Frequent Travelling
- Travel Entire Bihar to Solve the customer complaints
- ITI Electrical / ITI Electronics, it, Electrical Experience, electronics, service, Maintenance, service engineer, Service Technician Experience
- Required Experience and Qualifications
- ITI – Electronics
- Diploma – Electronics
- Diploma – Electrical
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: ₹10,000.00 /month
Required travel:100% (Preferred)
Benefits: Provident fund (PF)
Phone / Internet reimbursement
(Delhi- Jahangiri Pur/ Bajanpur)
#3 Bechtel – Project Field Engineer
Bechtel has been awarded the role of Project Management Consultant (PMC) acting on behalf of the owner Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma’aden) to manage Outotec and Larsen & Toubro Consortium who have been awarded an Engineering Procurement Construction contract (EPC). The EPC scope is as follows: Engineering, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up assistance of the Mansoura & Mansarrah (MMGP) Gold project.
MMGP Project will become Ma’aden’s largest gold project. Producing an average of 250,000 ounces of gold per year over the life of the mine. Mansourah-Massarah is situated within the Central Arabian Gold Region (CAGR), approximately 320km N/E of Taif towards Riyadh and about 35km S/E of Hufairah a small village situated on the Jeddah-Riyadh highway.
As the leader of the Bechtel MMGP Field Engineering team, you will be responsible for the oversight and support of the EPC contractor. Reporting to the Construction Manager daily and monitoring the quality of construction and completeness ready for handover, also verifying field-installed quantities.
At all times focused on the EPC/subcontractors ES&H compliance.
- Always Complies with MMGP Project Site Work Rules.
- Takes direction from and coordinates with the Construction Manager for day-to-day activities.
- Takes responsibility for assigned Field Engineering scope and leads by example.
- Ensures Field Engineering coverage to support ongoing construction, coordinating with the Construction Manager.
- Verify construction progress quantities submitted by the Contractor every week.
- Reads and understands the contract about the PMC and EPC scopes of work.
- Understands and follows the division of responsibility (DOR) between the assigned Field Engineering team and EPC Contractor Field Engineering team.
- Attends and participates in construction meetings, such as Toolbox meetings, Quantity report meetings, Three Week Lookahead, Quality and Field Engineering, Contract Progress, and Readiness Review.
- Performs surveillance of Contractor’s activities to ensure compliance with project requirements, specifically project quality requirements.
- Engages in the review of Contractor Inspection & Test Plans to ensure all design and quality requirements are covered, including performing necessary inspections associated with a witness and hold points.
- Participates in reviews of Contractor’s inspection and test records to ensure all relevant quality documentation is complete and available at the time of turnover.
- Liaises with project indirect services, such as Survey, Civil Testing, and NDT, to verify necessary 3rd party verification is performed in support of the contract schedule, as necessary.
- Reads and understands MMGP project procedures.
- Reads understand and competently interprets engineering and supplier drawings and documents.
- Participates in area handover processes including Punchlist walk-downs, identifies Punchlist items, and monitoring of Punchlist item status.
- Participates in the quality auditing process in support of the EPC Quality Plan.
- Monitors Contractor’s preparation of red-line drawings.
- Monitor and review temporary assembly supports and construction aids, where necessary. Reviews Contractor’s preassembly strategies were required for suitability.
- Attends training and inductions as necessary.
- Actively attends/participates in daily pre-start meetings, weekly toolbox meetings, weekly safety walk down, and does not walk by an unsafe act or condition.
- Supports and participates in the People-Based Safety program.
- Supports and participates in the People-Based Quality program.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized tertiary institution in civil, mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, cost, scheduling, and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial projects.
- Strong computer skills and literacy – Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Databases.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the engineering/construction field with a focus on design and construction and 5 years experience in site-based, heavy industrial construction.
- Direct experience as a field engineer responsible for installation, inspection, and testing of civil, SMP, and E&I.
- Experience working with EPC Contractors.
- Excellent (English) written, data, and oral skills.
- Ability to engage with staff from all levels, disciplines, and functions.
- Exercise independent judgment and decision-making, whilst seeking guidance when appropriate
- Sets high self-management standards and seeks to continuously improve
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to the area of responsibility.
- Familiar with Bechtel’s Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accidents” safety program.
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ethics: Commitment to the Project’s Ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects
- Quality: Commitment to the Project’s Quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors’ evaluations of work performance
- ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project’s Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership