Job Description of DBA Oracle/ MS SQL
We are looking for an experienced database developer to design an efficient, secure and dynamic database system. You will be responsible for developing and testing new database systems as well as improving and maintaining existing database systems that aid in data retrieval. Your role will involve working with the core IT team to develop systems that satisfy the technical needs of administrators and clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Render hands-on technical guidance for the design, development, and implementation of complex big data/ analytics systems.
- Design secure, reliable and efficient database systems using Oracle or Microsoft SQL following Database Standards.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes.
- Translate and decompose high-level requirement documentation into optimally detailed functional requirements for software design.
- Understand data needs by working with the business teams and design solutions that simplify business processes.
- Ensure that the solutions built address relevant data concerns.
- Document operative requirements across all technical aspects of the solution (UI, business rules, task and activity coordination, technical integrations).
- Present data using data models.
- Implement long-term strategic changes for database development in sync with its end-users, managers and other stakeholders.
- Provide data management support to users of data.
- Draft usage manuals for the developed systems.
- Be updated with market practices and suggest new products and services.
- Conduct training sessions for the users of the database system.
- Minimum X years of relevant work experience including database and server management.
- Previous experience as a Big Data Architect.
- Graduate from a Tier-1 University.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certification.
- Know-how of cluster management areas, such as adding/bootstrapping/removing nodes, consistency tuning, replication, and multi-DC configuration;
- Experience and knowledge of monitoring, management, capacity planning and compaction strategy
- Experience in database backup and recovery, connectivity and security, and role management
- Skilled to communicate complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effortlessly with people from multiple diverse disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to make data charts and reports with advanced visuals.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Brilliant written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Great time and stress management skills.
- Ability to work in a team with great organizational skills.
Samples of other companies
#1 Bloom Solutions
Responsibilities and Experience
Oracle Database Experience:
- Should have a good understanding of Oracle database architecture
- Should have worked on RMAN backups extensively
- Should have set up and configured standby databases handled the failure of standby database and other issues related to the standby database.
- Should have an understanding of the release process and worked with development teams on database patch releases
- Should have worked on performance issues not limiting to Oracle but other databases as well.
- Should have worked on an MS-SQL server
- Working Knowledge of NoSQL databases is an added advantage
- Good Knowledge of RAC, ASM, Standby DB, RAC DB, Exadata, Performance tuning.
Our Analytics Practice is set to double in size in 2016, and we’re looking for a Technical Architect to lead the way. This is a chance to set the technology roadmap, build service and product offerings, support sales with proofs-of-concept, and develop core training programs. Our company has unparalleled passion, a high level of expertise, and a total commitment to our people and our customers.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership for the design, development, and implementation of complex big data/ analytics systems.
- Ensure that the solutions we build address our clients’ key business goals by working with their business teams.
- Work in a distributed development model that includes Tavant and client staff members.
- Provide pre-sales support to grow the Analytics practice.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience in designing and building a data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytics solutions at a significant scale including
- Data models
- Reports and dashboards with advanced visualizations
- SQL and stored procedure languages
Designation: Lead Business
Analyst/ Associate Business Architect/Business Architect
Should have good knowledge in:
- Mortgage/ BFSI.
- Document functional requirements across all technical aspects of the solution (UI, business rules, task and activity coordination, technical integrations).
- Define technical interfaces and internal transformational processes
- Diagramme workflow and processes.
- Lead requirement discussion, JAD sessions and release planning and prioritization
- Translate and decompose high-level requirement documentation into sufficiently detailed functional requirements for software design
- Relational databases, including column-oriented products such as Redshift and Vertica
- Performance measurement and tuning
- Automated monitoring and fault tolerance
- Distributed computing technologies, such as MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark
- Stream processing technologies, such as Storm and Kinesis
- Parallel relational databases, such as Impala, Hadapt, or HAWQawq
- Column-oriented relational databases, such as Redshift and Vertica
- Data modelling
- NoSQL databases
- Performance measurement and tuning
- Scripting languages, such as Python
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS providers such as AWS, Rackspace, and Azure.
What You Need for this Position
You should have knowledge of:
- Oracle DBA
- Business Analysis
- Lead Business Analyst/ Associate Business Architect
- Big Data Architect
What you need to know about the job
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an innovative, dynamic company with a rich past and a promising future. Originally Hewlett-Packard Company, HPE has continuously reinvented itself. Today, HPE is one of the world’s leading technology companies and provides wired and wireless networking, servers, storage, IT and Cloud services for the next generation of IT infrastructure.
This position will be responsible for supporting new and existing NoSQL database systems, both internally and Cloud managed instances and will help guide best practices in database administration, and introduce innovation with automation.
The NoSQL DBA will be responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining NOSQL database clusters that will enable and enhance software products and systems used every day by large groups of users.
The DBA should have advanced knowledge of some of NoSQL databases such as (MongoDB, Cassandra, MariaDB, Hbase etc.) Including creation and implementation of fully functional NoSQL database clusters, ability to maintain multiple developments, QA and production NoSQL environments with strong experience in performance tuning.
- Implement HA solution and define Backup/Recovery strategy
- Assist with the design of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets
- Assist in planning and implementing capacity and resource expansion to ensure scalability of company databases
- Assist in planning and performing database upgrades and migrations
- Responsible for providing day-to-day administration support and maintenance for existing and new NoSQL databases.
- Perform debugging, tuning and performance enhancement as well as automation of operational and continuous integration aspect of the NOSQL platform
- Assist in implementing long-term strategic goals for database development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Participate in agile process and analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for databases following database standards
- Work with agile teams and product owners to ensure database design and performance meet business requirements
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and implement improved solutions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- Requires 2-5 years of related experience in the design, maintenance, and administration of NOSQL databases (Mongo, Cassandra, etc.).
- Previous experience in high volume environments will be required.
- Any previous experience with Big-Data Platforms like Hadoop or Spark will be incredibly valuable
- Deep understanding of cluster management areas, such as adding/bootstrapping/removing nodes, consistency tuning, replication, and multi-DC configuration;
- Strong knowledge of monitoring, management, capacity planning and compaction strategy
- Good knowledge of database backup and recovery, connectivity and security, and role management
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Previous SQL Server and/or Oracle database administration experience is a definite plus
- Must be versatile, flexible, and proactive when resolving technical issues
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills
For this position, we’re able to consider candidates with either US citizenship or an existing Green Card at this time.
This position can be based in Houston (preferred) Austinor Roseville. This position is not budgeted for relocation assistance at this time.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
#3 Golden Hues
skills: mysql,aws,aurora postgresql,mongodb,sql,dba,performance monitoring,performance tuning,cifs
This opportunity is with a Banking Captive in Bangalore for MySQL developer roleNote period 30 – 60 days (max)Skills MySQL, AWS Aurora MySQL, MongoDB (Preferable)
- 5+ years in the IT field focused on SQL responsibilities in MySQL environments
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to changes in database technology including cloud-based offerings
- Possesses excellent communication skills ability to explain complex database concepts across a range of knowledge levels
- Demonstrated ability to work in or lead project/virtual teams
- Experience in MySQL installation, configuration, administration and upgrades – Knowledge on how to perform MySQL Systems Database Administration across multiple MySQL database environments and ensure continuous 24×7 operation and availability in support of mission-critical internal production applications
- Strong operational familiarity with MS Clustering, DR technologies
- SQL replication, log shipping, db mirroring, AlwaysOn and Double-Take
- Understanding of NAS capabilities including the WAFL file system, Snapshot backups, CIFS and the differences between 7Mode and cDOT
- Performance monitoring and tuning skills are desired
- Extensive backup/recovery experience including Disaster Recovery planning
- Ability to provide support in database usage, and database performance
- Proactively identifies database issues and resolves
- Assume ownership of database-related problems; pursue problem resolution and root cause analysis