Data Analyst Interview Questions
A data analyst is equipped with the role of gathering present and hidden data to create mindful insights and strategies to help the company financially. You want to screen candidates based on their prior experience, analytical and data interpretation skills.
The questions here will help you in finding the best Data Analyst for your company.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a data analyst should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Walk us through a typical data analysis process.
- What is the difference between data filing and data profiling?
- Which factors do you consider while evaluating the potential efficiency of a developed data model?
- When do you think you should retrain data? How dependent is it on data?
- What is KNN imputation method?
- What is waterfall chart?
- How do you create pivot table in Excel?
- What is A/B testing?
- What is Print area?
- What is alternative hypothesis?
- What is data cleansing?
- What will you do if you come across missing or suspected data?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.