Customer Success Manager Job Description Template
_______________________(Name of the company) is looking for Customer Success Managers (CSM). We are on the lookout for candidates who will be leading our customer success initiatives, keep the company focused on customer outcomes and play a central role in directing the future of the company. As a customer success manager, your focus will be on developing customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty. If empathy, strong communication, and problem-solving skills are your forte combined with the necessary technical knowledge you could be part of our team.
This position at its core is responsible for customer retention by stopping churn. To achieve the end goal of driving the renewal rate it is necessary to perform not only the duties which are commonly associated with a CSM but also take on other functions that drive product adoption and deliver product value.
In this role, you will partner with our key clients to ensure they are satisfied and continue to be on our list of retentive clients. Another important role of the CSM will be in building strong relationships with stakeholders and work directly with clients to understand business requirements and develop proactive solutions that ensure success throughout the customer journey. The role will be a cross-functional one which essentially means that you will be working with the production and sales team to ensure every customer success story.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the business in order to onboard customers
- Drive the post-sale journey of key accounts from onboarding to product adoption to expansion to renewal
- Collaborate with engineering and development team to ensure customer needs are met and troubleshoot technical issues raised by customers
- Follow up with the customer post-sale and maintain regular communication with key accounts to ensure the well being of the client journey with us
- Gauge customer level engagement with the company and provide feedback to production and sales teams regarding any product and/or service improvements
- Identify upsell and expansion opportunities
- Regularly conduct surveys, get external reviews and referrals in order to ensure the financial growth of the company
- Review applications, conduct interviews, and process new hire paperwork of the team
- Conduct training programs for the Customer Success Teams at regular intervals.
Skills and Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Proven track record of ___years in a customer focussed role
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach, ability to operate effectively in uncertain situations
- Ability to work calmly in a stressful situation
- The ability to listen more than speak
- Strong time management skills
Job Samples From Other Companies
#1 Schneider Electric
Customer Success Manager
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager who possesses a strong drive for results. Duties for the Customer Success Manager will include a broad range of tasks such as maintaining ongoing customer relationships and networking, implementing success programs, contributing to sales, onboarding and training clients, and minimizing churn. You should also be able to provide insights on client-to-business interactions, improve customer experience through product support, and handle customer complaints and requests.
Successful candidates must be social, analytical, possess an aptitude for learning and using new software, and be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The ideal Customer Success Manager should engage with customers, maximize value, and implement strategies to grow our customer base.
Customer Success Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage client portfolios (periodic engagement with customers).
- Sustain business growth and profitability by maximizing value.
- Analyze customer data to improve customer experience.
- Hold services offer demonstrations for customers.
- Improve onboarding processes.
- Evaluate and improve tutorials and other communication infrastructure.
- Mediate between clients and the organization.
- Handle and resolve customer requests and complaints.
- Minimize customer churn.
- Aid in portal / App. design.
Customer Success Manager Requirements:
- Communications Degree /Engineering Degree. (technico-commercial background)
- 2 -3 years of experience in customer handling on phone and video conferences.
- Good understanding of basic computer network architecture and protocols.
- Preference will be given to persons with remote support management experience.
- Highly organized and able to multitask.
- Self-driven and proactive nature.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- High computer literacy and ability to learn new software.
- Knowledge of customer success processes.
- Experience in document creation.
- Patient and active listener.
- Passion for service.
- Good at concept sales.
- 2/3 years of experience with the same job profile
Primary Location: IN-Karnataka-Bangalore
Customer Success Manager
We’re revolutionizing tech hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that allows them to effectively assess technical skills. We’re a friendly, motivated, and passionate bunch looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our customer success team. This position is full-time and based in Mountain View.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will play a pivotal part in HackerRanks’s mission to “Match Every Developer to the Right Job”. You enjoy driving time-to-value engagement and sustainable success with our customers through the implementation and health checks of our customers and are excited to make an impact.
What you’ll be working on:
- Proactively onboard all new paying customers and deeply understand their needs in order to best align our software to their goals. Onboarding may include in-person product training when and if needed
- Increase customer retention by conducting regular check-in meetings, and perform quarterly checks for reviews
- Collaborate with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Support team as necessary to resolve technical bugs and issues
- Work alongside our Sales team to identify up-sell opportunities
- Track accounts to identify churn risk and work proactively to eliminate the risk
- Maintain a deep understanding of the product and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience developing and implementing best practices and processes for the customer success team.
- Understands functional and technical aspects of the product.
- Experience working with large enterprises or Fortune 500 companies.
- Roll up your sleeves problem solver with strategic and tactical experience.
- Technical or computer science background preferred.
Benefits & Perks: As if working alongside the smartest brains wasn’t enough.
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- Insurance to all employees (term life, personal accident, medical, gratuity) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
- Employee Reimbursements on gym, internet, and more
- Daily free lunches and delicious snacks
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. We have a community of 6M+ developers who trust HackerRank as their go-to spot for learning new languages, practicing for interviews, and participating in hackathons. 1,500+ customers such as LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to build strong engineering teams. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment based on individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Customer Success Manager
We’re looking for a Customer Success Manager to help us build Instahyre. We are an early-stage startup but have achieved fantastic traction in the market. We are funded as well as profitable!
In this role, you will represent Instahyre at enterprise customers, help them get the most value out of our product, and figure out new product features and product lines to help solve recruitment pain points for customers.
Please go through the role and expectations below to decide whether you would be interested in joining our mission to build the world’s best recruitment tool.
We have positions in both Delhi and Bangalore. If you’re hired for Bangalore, you will first need to spend a month or two at our Delhi office.
- Work as a trusted partner for enterprise customers.
- Meet customers to provide product training and strategic workshops.
- Understand their pain points and idea new product features to solve those pain points.
- Oversee junior customer success managers – take responsibility for hiring, training, and managing them with the goal of creating high product adoption and customer happiness.
- Help drive customer references and case studies, and produce reports to explain insights and help them hire better and faster.
- Relevant work experience in product management or customer success role.
- SaaS experience is a huge benefit.
- Recruitment industry experience is a huge benefit.
- Software development experience is a benefit.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent written and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player to inspire customer loyalty and adoption.
Our work hours are about 10 am – 7 pm on weekdays and until about 5 pm on Sat. However, the first 6 weeks will be a Bootcamp in which we will help you get up to speed so that you can start providing value to the business. During this period you will be working late till 8:15 pm on weekdays. We will require you to reside within a 30-minute commute from our office since folks coming from farther are unable to cope.
Our business has grown very quickly over the last year. And to realize our mission of disrupting the recruitment industry, we need a very strong customer-oriented focus over the next few years. The workload and pressure are going to be high – if you’re looking for a work-life balance, a fast-growing, early-stage startup like Instahyre is not the right choice. We’re currently looking for folks whose primary motivation is to be part of building a business.
We offer very competitive compensation in the 90th percentile. However, we are not looking for folks who are only interested in a new opportunity if it provides a hike on top of the hike they will be getting – if that is your motive, then please don’t proceed.
What you get:
- We work with most of the top MNCs and tech unicorns which makes it a great opportunity to learn and interact with our elite clientele, which is rare in most startups
- Your work will be critical to helping Instahyre really shift gears and attain viral growth.
- Being part of a small team, you will work directly with the founders and have good transparency into the business strategy, and get to see how a business is built.
- We offer very competitive compensation as well as complete job and financial stability. For folks leading departments, we also offer a very good amount of equity in the company.
- Instahyre is an advanced hiring platform based on artificial intelligence, enabling recruiters to hire top talent effortlessly.
- Instead of having to waste hours on applying filters to search for the right candidates and then checking if they are interested, Instahyre provides the recruiter with a curated list of candidates ready for hire from our premium database. This enables the recruiter to spend more time on providing a top candidate experience, while Instahyre does the heavy lifting of providing quality profiles.
- If you are looking for jobs, Instahyre connects you with curated opportunities based on your profile. No fake jobs, no mass emails, and no spamming, unlike other platforms.
- Trusted by more than 2,000 of India’s top companies, including Microsoft, Amazon, VMware, Uber, Go-Jek, Walmart, Target, Myntra and Paytm – Instahyre is revolutionizing hiring!