Job Description of CTO / Director of Engineering
We are looking for a Chief Technical Officer/ IT Director who can work closely with the CEO and COO to build and manage a stable technology infrastructure for the company. This role is ideal for someone who is a leader and has deep knowledge in architecture, platforms, engineering practices and so on.
We are looking for an individual to own the product engineering function and deliver exceptional results with in-depth experience, delivery excellence and thought leadership. The work will also involve goal-setting, discussing methodologies, and analyzing risks for the entire organization.
As a CTO, you will also be directly responsible for maintaining and building a high-performance engineering culture- which includes building a team, mentoring them and managing their careers with them.
- Lead the team of developers and engineers, establishing and maintaining standards and regimens.
- Oversee the development of a technical roadmap for innovation and technical requirements ensuring the product is stable and innovative
- Ensure product upgrades and business goals move hand in hand
- Hire efficient new talent in line with quarterly goals
- Report on team statistics monthly to gauge performance on a wide range of pointers
- Handle the budget for the engineering department
- Gather feedback from stakeholders to make changes and improvements to support customer needs
- Provide individuals with guidance, mentorship, and a path for growth within the Technology organization
- M.S. degree in Information technology or a technology-related discipline preferred
- Background & experience in Enterprise, SaaS and/or B2B
- 10-12 years of experience in a global organization with high scale
- Stronghold on technology updates, architecture, design and more to match marketing/business/product goals
- Excellent executor and management expertise
- In-depth expertise in design, optimizing, maintaining, and testing large online systems.
- Significant experience in conducting technological analyses and research to build a strategy
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance – be an owner.
Samples from other companies
Mobikwik – Chief Technology Officer (15-19 yrs)
MobiKwik Gurugram, Haryana
What will you do as a part of the team?
- Ensuring that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution
- Developing technical strategy and for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint.
- Work closely with founders and management team to lead engineering planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives, timetables, implementation and deployment of product
- Maintain and build a high-performance engineering culture
- Own the development methodology. Align with the executive team to improve the development process, prioritize projects and manage multiple workstreams.
- Lead a team of Software Developers, Server Engineers and QA Engineers, establishing development practices and standards
- Build and retain world-class engineers through strong recruitment, mentoring, and career management
- Grow our engineering team and maintaining the right tech culture throughout.
- Be accountable for the delivery of projects within schedules and timelines
- Responsible for the product engineering road map, quality assurance and stability of the products.
- Manage team budgets and reporting metrics. You love to be lean and crafty with limited resources
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our fast-paced environment. Adsorb uncertainty and provide certainty.
- 15+ years of experience. Have worked in high scale products. Start-up experience strongly preferred
- Stronghold on tech, architecture, design pattern to lead long term scalable, stable and flexible tech solutioning for business, marketing and product long term initiatives.
- Extensive software engineering development and design experience with complex and highly scalable products using multiple technologies and languages
- Strong program management expertise and engineering execution skillset
- Strong business and product acument to be able to solve business and product problems enabling through tech solutioning.
- Experience in organisation wide initiatives and change management.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high pressure environments with limited information
Pulse iD is an emerging start-up in the FinTech industry. Originally founded by ex-bankers in Melbourne, the company now has offices in Singapore (HQ), Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, and Melbourne. As we continue to scale, we are looking for a passionate, strategic and innovative Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to lead our company technology arm towards the next milestone.
You will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Pulse iD and working closely with diverse stakeholders in driving the technology growth of the company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Oversee technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and training to the engineering team
- Discuss technology strategy with partners and investors
- Find and implement new technologies that yield a competitive advantage
- Support departments in their profitable usage of technology
- Monitor system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Develop quality assurance and data protection processes
- Oversee KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Collect feedback from stakeholders to make necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
What do you need to have?
- 2+ years’ experience of working on a CTO or other relevant position
- FinTech (loyalty and payment industry) knowledge and experience is needed
- Significant experience in budgets and business planning
- Significant experience in conducting technological analyses and researches to build a strategy
- Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with a strategic approach
- BSc or BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related areas; MBA or another relevant graduate degree will be a bonus
- Good knowledge of current technological trends
Our tech stack is:
Framework: Node.js, React.js
Infrastructure: AWS, Docker
Tools: GitHub, Jira, Confluence
Company Location Sydney, Australia
At Humanforce, our vision is to Make Work Exceptional. We courageously pursue this vision for tomorrow’s workplace. Our customers’ success is held above all else. We trust in the abilities of our colleagues and even when we disagree, we commit to finding the best possible solution. We can do that because we respect and care for each other.
Through our innovative software solutions, we really are changing the way the world works. We are Humanforce.
About the Role
The Chief Technology Officer provides leadership and management to the Development team and will successfully drive the accelerated transition from On-Premise to SaaS. You are the senior subject matter expert on all technology-related discussions for the Humanforce business.
This position will focus on increasing the professionalism, accountability and creativity of our team whilst increasing the effectiveness of our software solutions.
- Ongoing leadership and development of our talented team
- Effectively accelerating our transition to a fully SaaS Solution
- Driving the transition to a DevOps operating model
- Leadership and management of the development team with a focus on developing their skills, driving creativity, and increasing productivity
- Oversight of, and accountability for all QA and Development activities
- Be recognized as the primary subject matter expert on development, infrastructure, and cutting-edge technical solutions (Biometrics, Geofencing, et al)
- Ownership of solution architecture, tech stack, and development methodologies.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Implement SaaS processes and practices which ensure optimal uptime at minimal cost for operations
- Refine and standardize all development processes whilst ensuring that the dev team can continue to meet the needs of the business and clients.
- Be responsible for the technology Roadmap, ensuring that the Humanforce product will meet future needs of scale, performance, and usability
- Full ownership of product releases ensuring that they follow the defined product roadmap and release deadlines.
- Being able to partner, collaborate, and manage expectations of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
You’re a leader. Driven, energetic, and knowledgeable. You are passionate about Software Development and the power of people to use technology to drive solutions.
Specifically, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Outstanding people leadership and organisational skills
- Expert in Agile, Microservices and DevOps processes and techniques, and modern toolsets
- Experience navigating On-Premise to Cloud/SaaS transition
- Subject Matter Expertise in a number of technology areas:
- Microsoft .NET, C# and ASP.NET MVC web applications
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, and/or other mainstream relational database systems
- Mobile App Development (experience with React Native advantageous)
- Virtualisation technologies such as Docker
- Hosting services such as AWS or Azure
- Server-less technologies such as AWS Lambda
- A team orientation and customer focus
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a market leader with a strong culture, great perks, and to join an outstanding senior leadership team. Apply Now!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.