Credit Analyst Interview Questions
A credit analyst assesses an applicant’s credit score through their financial reports and data to determine their eligibility for taking a loan. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with good evaluation skills to do a risk assessment.
The below are some questions to help you find the right fit for your company.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a credit analyst should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- Walk us through a typical credit assessment process.
- How would you determine the effectiveness of such a process?
- A person is borderline ineligible for taking a loan but he is in dire need of it. What do you do?
- Which credit metrics do you look for while assessing an applicant’s credit status?
- How do you extend credit to an applicant?
- According to you, what is a good debt equity ratio? What is its significance?
- What will you check for before lending Rs 10 crores to a company?
- What is interest coverage ratio?
- Tell us about your experience with a team project.
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job.
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.