Channel Sales Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a goal-oriented channel sales manager for winning, maintaining, and expanding all our partner relationships within the assigned territory.
Your role will include supporting the company’s ongoing sales and growth opportunities by providing channel sales support to a region or portfolio of assigned partners or customers.
You will also be required to work with the technical engineering team whenever a customer needs customized products or services.
- Bring new partners on board and maintain relationships with existing partners.
- Understand customer and business needs to cross-sell and up-sell the company’s products.
- Coordinate with other company personnel such as the support team and management team to deliver and meet customer/ partner expectations.
- Act as a bridge for communication between the customers/ partners and the engineering team.
- Access, clarify and validate partner needs and performances at regular intervals and maintain a high partner satisfaction rate
- Coordinate with other sales channels to avoid any potential conflicts.
- Coordinate with partner sales personnel and maximize sales.
- Manage funnels, forecast, and seize sales opportunities.
- Drive and manage sales and marketing campaigns.
- A minimum of X years of work experience.
- A bachelors’ or masters’ degree in sales.
- Thorough understanding of the industry.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Flexible to travel to partner locations.
- Solution-oriented outlook.
- Ability to build lasting relationships.
Sample Job Descriptions for Channel Sales Manager
#1 TLV International, CES Channel Sales Manager, USA
The Channel Manager (CM) will be responsible for winning, onboarding, maintaining, and expanding relations with channel partners within an assigned territory. The CM will be responsible for understanding the overall sales strategy and implementing the necessary tactics to grow sales revenue. The CM represents the entire range of company products and services to partners in order to achieve partner recruitment and sales objectives.
The Channel Manager responsibilities include:
- Proactively recruits new qualifying partners.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts/territories.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts
- Proactively lead the joint partner planning processes that develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
- Lead solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
- A strong commitment to complete tasks on time
- The ability to develop strong relationships
- The ability to influence and persuade our sales partners to sell our services
- Strong organization skills including planning and prioritization
- Customer service focused—Can turn a negative experience into a positive outcome through the use of empathy, the creation of an action plan to solve the customer problem, and follow through to ensure commitments are met.
- Negotiation skills—can create a positive solution for all parties
- Problem-solving—works to understand the problem thoroughly first
- Achieve assigned sales quota in designated partner accounts
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability
- Completes partner account plans that meet company standards
- Manages funnel, forecast, and sales opportunities to meet company standards
- Maintains high partner satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of channel sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment with a proven track record of success, existing partner relationships
- PC proficiency, with knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
#2 Vonage, Regional Channel Manager, Arizona
Vonage Sales Mission
We strive to innovate and enhance our customers’ ability to communicate within today’s digital, cloud, and real-time business environment. Our sales team is composed of highly motivated, energetic, and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this role matters
Channel Sales leverages partner relationships to sell Vonage products and services. We work with existing partners and develop relationships with potential new partners to support the company’s ongoing sales growth and success. You can join our team as a Senior Regional Channel Manager, providing channel sales support for a large region and/or portfolio of assigned customers and partners.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…
What will you bring
- Liaise between partners, customers, and cross-functional internal teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of Vonage solutions according to customer needs.
- Drive and manage successful sales/channel marketing campaigns and events.
- Set up and deliver product and/or service presentations and other actions to increase sales effectiveness.
- Cross-sell and up-sell based on an understanding of customer and business needs.
- Develop new channels beyond their immediate goals and open opportunities for Vonage and the VoIP space overall.
- Assist with and facilitate closing opportunities, sales training, field sales support, and post-sale customer follow-up.
- Drive activity to enlist new agent partners for Vonage (i.e. value-added resellers, MSPs, telco agents) through cold calling, networking, referrals, and telemarketing.
- Own the indirect sales process from the beginning of the relationship through installation.
- Assist current partners with revenue-generating activities, including webinars, conference calls, and lunch-and-learns.
- Handle move, add, change and disconnect service requests; address issues escalated from fellow team members.
- Apply established metrics and dashboards to report on the effectiveness of channel marketing/sales executions, new product introductions, and performance.
- Develop progress and communications project status reports for management.
- Track daily activity and monthly results, meeting assigned minimum sales quotas.
- May provide informal support to less experienced team members.
What is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or related discipline.
- Prior experience (3-4 years) in a Channel Sales or related role.
What is in it for you
- In addition, to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
The Territory Sales Manager has direct sales responsibility for developing and supporting sales of building automation and control systems in the assigned territory of our HVAC equipment Rep group. The Territory Sales Manager will be able to work in a “team sales” approach where they work closely with the Rep sales team and an assigned engineer to ensure accurate proposals and an “exceed the customer expectations” outcome. Partnering with our equipment manufacturing partners (HVAC OEM manufacturers) and their regional management team will be critical for success. This position will be based in the Philadelphia market.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, And Deliverables
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and deliver plans to achieve sales budgets.
- Achieve minimum gross margin requirements.
- Support Channel Rep group sales teams with sales training, sales support, customer visits, proposals, and identifying Best Sales Practices to share with the entire sales team.
- Coordinate/support customer installations as required in assigned territories
- Work with Marketing to identify co-marketing strategies and tactics with the Rep groups.
- Coordinate with all 75F sales associates on targets to avoid duplication and confusion.
- Sell all products and services as they become available.
- Aid in market intelligence gathering including contributing to competitive positioning.
- Utilize HubSpot – which is the 75F CRM.
- Participate in all sales tool development including collateral materials.
- Utilize web-based sales tools proficiently.
- Aid in the collection of accounts receivables.
- Prepare weekly activity reports.
- Understand building systems such as heating, cooling, ventilation, and lighting. Do not apply if you don’t have demonstrated competencies in these areas.
- Proficient in Solution Selling sales process.
- Driven to succeed. Understand that ‘no’ often means ‘not yet’ or ‘maybe’.
- Complete confidence in their ability to solve customer needs.
- Handle complex, technical opportunities.
- Know when to ask for help.
- Financial aptitude. Understand that payback and ROI are often key decision criteria.
- Able to manage conflict.
- Communication proficiency.
- Technical competency in commercial building systems such as applied HVAC and lighting controls.
This position currently does not require supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in engineering or commercial building construction. Two – Five years of technical sales experience in the HVAC field.
Other Skills, Abilities, And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required. Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 2-5 Years Technical Sales in HVAC / energy services field experience required
- Demonstrated sales success vs. budget or other goals/standards set is required.
- Experience in HVAC, building controls is required.
- Comfort with multi-million-dollar budgets.
- Experience in a startup is preferred.
- Experience in ‘team sales’, working with functional expertise to close deals. Example – partner with Channel Rep sales teams and assigned engineer based on customer need.
- Experience working in a Traction environment is a plus.
This position requires 25% travel, including out of state.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Remain in a stationary position 75%
- Operate a computer and other office productivity equipment 75%
- Move about inside the office and warehouse 75%
- Communicate with the executive team, other departments, customers – including vice president level decision-makers, and vendors. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations 100%
- Ascend/descend a ladder to access rooftop equipment 30%
- Occasionally move product/parts weighing up to 100 pounds 10%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.