Job Description for Business Development Manager – Sales
We are looking for experienced and ambitious team members for our sales and business development team.
We expect you to have strong communication and networking skills with the ability to contribute your own perspective and knowledge and emerge as strong team leaders.
You will be responsible to increase our sales and aid in expansion plans. You will be given full creative freedom and motivating incentives to optimally utilize your skills and drive the organization towards sustainable growth.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Research and understand market behavior.
- Study consumer behavior post-sales.
- Identify new consumers and markets.
- Develop sales and growth strategies that are synchronized with the market.
- Promote the company’s products to address consumer needs.
- Draft sales contracts in lieu of the laws of the land.
- Establish strong relationships with the customers.
- Document the sales and prepare an analysis report at regular intervals.
- Attend periodic business meets to gain customer exposure.
- Provide and facilitate after-sales services.
- Lead the team and mentor entry-level sales staff into worthy sales managers.
- Minimum X years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales or marketing.
- Ability to network well.
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills.
- Know-how about the local market.
- Efficient with MS Office, Tally, and SAP.
- Ability to multi-task and great time management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
About the company: _______
Sample Job Description from other Companies
HP is the world’s leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
- Superior understanding of the category product, business management, and sales challenges and strategies.
- Actively contributes/leads the definition of the category business plan.
- Establishes relationships and represents a team with salesforce and other partners at the senior level.
- Product line and quota responsibility for a significant share of the product range, or a specific customer segment.
- Functional responsibility for the team in one or several areas (market analysis, marketing engagement, SF communication, etc).
- Leads a subset of the team. Leads overall engagement with one or several sales teams.
- Leads engagement partnership with external IT vendor.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Finance; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Typically, 12+ years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred.
- Demonstrated Management/ Team leadership experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- IT industry knowledge.
- Business planning skills, multidimensional.
- Financial planning and modeling skills, comfortable to manage high complexity business planning and reporting.
- Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally.
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners.
- Leadership skills and cross-functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing.
#2 Niagra Bottling
At Niagara, we’re looking for Team Members who want to be part of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest quality most affordable bottled water.
Consider Applying Here, If You Want To
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team Members. Sales Development Manager – Contract Manufacturing The Sales Development Manager, Contract Manufacturing, is responsible for managing existing customer accounts as well as assisting with the development of potential new contract manufacturing opportunities.
The position will facilitate internal and external communication and support contract manufacturing sales strategies and tactics to increase retention and growth of existing customers as well as help acquire new customers.
- Achieve/exceed annual case, EBITDA, and revenue sales performance goals, pricing target goals, and forecast accuracy targets.
- Routinely scan the external contract manufacturing landscape and keep up with changes, risks, and opportunities in the marketplace
- Research, conduct analysis, and report out on potential new customer opportunities or business development opportunities in contract manufacturing
- Work with Director of Sales-Contract Manufacturing on developing and achieving annual account plan and account-specific case, revenue, EBITDA, and penetration.
- Manage the preparation and attend periodic business reviews to gain customer exposure
- Manage the preparation of account-specific business plans.
- Develop and Facilitate execution of all special programs (ex. 3PL services, freight delivery programs).
- Facilitate and attend all plant tours/entertainment events.
- Assist Director of Sales in gathering data from Procurement, New Product Development, R&D, and Planning for the development of proposals
- Support account retention goals
- Facilitate current customer plant tours/entertainment events.
- Join key internal/external stakeholders in relevant customer engagements.
- Achieve successful new customer startups for all new customers and items in the region.
- Manage startup projects with all internal Niagara departments (PLM process).
- Including oversight of the implementation of customer required IT systems/tools/processes
- Facilitate all communication with identified stakeholders during the startup process and during the process
- Prepare and communicate startup timelines appropriately and determine areas of accountability for execution.
- Identify potential startup issues, develop resolution, and manage to communicate that resolution internally and externally.
- Manage sales reporting responsibilities.
- Manage the process of developing and distributing necessary internal sales reports (Cognos)
- Optimize the use of custom reporting tools and proprietary systems.
- Generate all required reports.
- Engage in strategic and tactical planning using reports and information synthesis to drive achievement and Niagara and customer sales goals
- Achieve annual MAPE goals and manage the forecasting process.
- Support with data to assist with monthly forecast
- Work closely with customer supply chain team on verifying forecasts.
- Execute opportunities for improvements in operational efficiencies, service levels, and operational points of difference.
- Manage all customer communication necessary for executing continuous improvement projects (ex. Optimizing customer ordering process).
- Manage all escalation in service level concerns
- Manage all internal day-to-day customer issues.
- Facilitate internal communication with key internal departments
- Examples: customer IT systems, label compliance, design changes, new packaging rollout, account receivable help, new item rollouts, service level opportunities, etc.
- Facilitate quality questions/resolution, audits, and other sales-related quality requests.
- Assist with customer-level documentation requests for promotions, special items, etc.
- Customer-specific bid support and new item rollout.
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Work Experience/KSA’s Required:
- Experience in sales or other related fields
- Experience in Position
- Experience Supervising Employees
- experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- 3+ years – Experience in sales or other related fields
- 2+ years – Experience in Position
- 2+ years – Experience Supervising Employees
- experience may include a combination of work experience and education
Required Skills (List All That Apply)
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word and Access, Advanced Excel, and Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge and experience in consumer-packaged goods and/or contract manufacturing.
- Project management – able to communicate, manage timelines and budgets, and oversee the execution of necessary project tasks
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning/Organizing – uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules resources appropriately.
- Detail-oriented and accurate – minimizes mistakes, follows every step in a process, and follows through with all tasks
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrates presentation skills.
- Team Work – balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management – communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Leadership – inspires and motivates others to perform well; influences actions and opinions of others; Displays passion and optimism.
- Technical/manufacturing competency is preferred but not required; must have technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn technical concepts
- Information systems and technology – must be able to quickly learn IT system concepts and be able to communicate knowledgeably with customers and internal stakeholders related to customer required IT systems/processes/tools
- Bachelor’s Degree or other related field or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree in Management/Marketing/Finance or other related field or equivalent experience
Any employment agency, person, or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant’s résumé will become the property of Niagara Bottling, LLC. Niagara Bottling, LLC will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person, or entity. Employment agencies that have fee agreements with Niagara Bottling, LLC and have been engaged in a search shall submit résumé to the designated Niagara Bottling, LLC recruiter or, upon authorization, submit a résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees
#3 Sony Inc
We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired, and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let’s talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let’s get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager that will be responsible for promoting our LTE Semiconductor solution to tier 1 Mobile Operators. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for winning Mobile Operators’ business through managing all carrier interactions, including with our Product Management team and R&D organization, as well as with OEMs/ODMs through our global sales channels to ensure proper prioritization and focus.
- Promotion of our LTE products to Mobile Network Operators.
- Identify carrier technology trials, retail/enterprise product opportunities, and NRE funding opportunities with Mobile Network Operators.
- Work with our OEM sales team to jointly target OEM/ODM customers and to managing Operator/Carrier channels driving growth and profitability.
- Support OEM carrier engagements to design win and through to revenue. Promote our products & value to carrier decision-makers, line-level engineering staff; and product management.
- Lead discussions between Mobile Operators and Altair R&D resources.
- Align carrier feature requests to Altair product requirements.
- Support Altair OEM chipset/module certification, scheduling, funding, and final Technical Approval.
- Support OEM/ODM carrier qualification through operator certifications, trials, and deployment.
- Coordinate and manage all carrier interfaces to our Program Management team and technical resources, ensuring proper prioritization and focus to achieve product launch and revenue generation.
- Traveling to Carriers throughout the US in support of business goals. Travel expectations of 30-50% must be acceptable and accommodated.
- Success will be measured and rewarded based on successful specification, design-in, and sale of our products through the carrier network.
The Position Requirements
- BSEE or equivalent. 5 Years Semiconductor Sales Experience
- 5 years minimum experience selling system-level semiconductor products which include Hardware, Firmware & Software elements to OEMs in telecoms and mobile markets.
- Ability to access and influence decision-makers at Tier 1 Mobile Network Operators.
- The position is based in New Jersey, a candidate should live with a communing distance of Basking Ridge.
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.