Job Description for a Brand Manager
A brand manager’s role is to build an organic front to the business – wherein people recognize and appreciate the brand. Be it from the product angle or culture, the brand manager’s role is to ensure we are well represented across channels. This role is for a person who understands HR, Marketing, and Organisational Culture.
Responsibilities of a Brand Manager:
- Research and be aware of competitor brand, execution, and strategy – ensuring through all this, our brand stands out
- Define and maintain brand positioning strategy for various products
- Ensure Creativity within developing marketing/sales collateral, branding, and other customer-facing material.
- Conduct a brand audit yearly with key stakeholders to review this year’s output/collaterals
- Be aware of social media trends and employer brand with the core goal to present our company as the best place to work
- Create thought leadership articles from the C suite to promote ideologies and thoughts that garner organic traffic
- Be part of teams that create Above line and below the line marketing campaigns to ensure you stay on brand and on-trend
1- At least 5+ years of experience in B2C marketing in the region
2- Strong negotiation powers to get buy-in from all parties involved in a project
3- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
4- Basic accounting knowledge to manage brand expenses.
Samples from other companies:
Job Description 1: Sanofi
- Develop marketing strategies to gain market share and achieve top-line and bottom-line delivery as per target for the brand
- Design effective and innovative integrated marketing campaigns across mediums like TV, Digital, Mobile, Print, Radio, etc. and flawlessly execute them
- Monitor and execute on-ground activations that form a vital part of the marketing campaign
- Liaise with Trade Marketing to conceptualize multi-local plans to increase brand salience and visibility
- Conduct intense consumer research directly and through the third party to constantly generate insights that can be applied to creative campaigns, product ideas, or even on-ground changes
- Liaise with Internal stakeholders (salesforce, Industrial Affairs, Regulatory, Medical, etc.) and External stakeholders (Creative, Media, Social Media agencies, other Vendors) to ensure timely execution of New Product Development projects. Develop, execute and monitor business plan for the same
- Monitor competition on various aspects such as new offering, pricing, consumer offer, ATL & BTL activities, and course correct strategy if required by periodic travel to different geographies
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds, and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Job Description 2: JioSavaan
LOCATION: MUMBAI, INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, and Shazam – to name a few – JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations, and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don’t just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to create a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we’d love to hear from you.
JioSaavn is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join the marketing team based in the Mumbai office. The role focuses on designing and deploying marketing communication for JioSaavn – the brand.
- Own the Brand value proposition of JioSaavn
- Develop marketing strategies – create & deploy marketing campaigns for JioSaavn the brand for the Indian market
- Own and increase Brand Awareness & Saliency for JioSaavn in India
- Work with internal and external teams to develop, strategize and execute product & brand-driven campaigns
- Execution, management, and analysis of campaigns
- Budget forecasting, management, and evaluation of ROI
- At least 5+ years of experience in B2C marketing in India
- Prior experience in building and implementing marketing strategies across various states in India
- Prior experience of working on metrics such as Brand Awareness measurement
- An understanding of all marketing mediums and channels
- An analytical mind with an ROI focused thought process
- Ability to convince and get necessary buy-in across various individuals and departments
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Extremely well-organized, with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated, but more importantly fully collaborative and protective of your team
Benefits And Perks
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- JioSaavn-sponsored team outing
Job Description 3: Droom
An Ideal Candidate Will Possess Following
- A professional with experience in dealing with advertising and media agencies, creative studios, print media, event management companies and activation agencies.
- Experience in developing collateral, branding, and other marketing material.
- Hands-on experience in TV commercial and radio partnerships.
- Prior experience in PR preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A start-Up attitude is a must and should be a go-getter in getting new agencies on board .
- An effective communicator & team leader with strong analytical, problem-solving & organizational abilities.
- Prior experience in E-Commerce is preferred.
- Result-oriented and ready to take ownership.
- Desire to make an impact and high work ethics.
- Ability to collaborate across departments.
- High energy and result oriented
- This role requires working directly with the senior management team