Architect Interview Questions
When interviewing candidates for the role of an architect, ensure you pick the one who shows creativity and practicality in their work. You want someone who will incorporate innovative designs with realistic ideas. Look out for their team management, communication and leadership skills.
Having good customer service skills will be a plus point. We’ve curated a list of questions for helping you in your journey of finding the right fit for your company.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities an architect should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Which technology trends are affecting architecture the most?
- How would you go about appraising an architecture in terms of completeness of scope?
- Which was your most complex project till date? What were the challenges?
- Tell us about a time when you used breakthrough architectural design.
- How do you balance functionality with the physical appeal?
- How do you begin projects?
- What would be your primary concerns when designing a corporate office building?
- Tell us about a time when you had creative differences with another architect. How did you resolve it?
- Which questions would you ask the client before starting the project?
- Which factors do you consider before choosing the material? (wood, stone, etc.)
- How comfortable are you with 3D Max, AutoCAD?
- Which metrics can be used to validate the conformance of a solution to an architecture?
- Which factors do you consider before taking up a project?
- Which is your most favourite project till now?
- Tell us about a time when you had to work under a very limited budget.
- Did you ever exceed the budget for a project? What did you do then?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.