Accounts Payable Clerk Interview Questions
The ideal candidate will have good computing and accounting skills with attention to detail. He/She will be responsible for maintaining and computing bills and ensuring payments are made on time.
The below questions will help you find the right fit for the role.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities an accounts payable clerk should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- Tell us about a time you solved a discrepancy.
- Which accounting software are you familiar with?
- What should be your priority in this role? Accuracy or efficiency?
- Tell us about your comfort with tight deadlines.
- Which documents do you think you are supposed to work with?
- Walk us through an account payable process.
- What is the difference between accounts payable and bills payable?
- Walk us through the steps you would take to make a payment.
- Tell us about a time when a vendor negotiated the terms.
- Tell us about your experience with a team project.
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job.
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.