Software Testing Interview Questions
Software testers design and carry out tests while assessing the results and sending them to the design team to evaluate the usability of the apps. Ideal candidates will be wary of the software designs and testing strategies. As this role requires ample teamwork, look out for candidates who display strong teamwork and communication skills.
Here are some questions to help you evaluate the candidates better.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a software tester should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How you do prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- How do you stay updated with software designs and technology in the industry?
- How do you design a test strategy?
- What would you do if a client complains about the usability of your company product, but your tests did not reveal any error?
- How much testing is adequate? What is software testing life cycle?
- Which testing metrics do you follow?
- What is functional and non-functional testing?
- What is the difference between Quality Assurance and Quality Control?
- What is PDCA cycle?
- Tell us about your comfort with tight deadlines.
- Tell us about your experience with a team project.
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job.
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.