Job Description for a Pre-Sales Manager
We are looking for a suitable candidate with great communication skills and an understanding of the XX industry.
As a presales manager, you will work closely across various verticals such as product development, sales and marketing, and customer relations.
Your job will also include understanding the customer’s needs and pitching the company’s products as suitable solutions. You will also be required to actively observe customer behavior and predict future needs for product development.
- Plan sales strategies in response to market and competitors’ behavior.
- Work in sync with the product development team and develop sustainable and commercially viable products.
- Understand customer needs and make sales presentations.
- Liaise with the marketing team to undertake demand-generating activities such as trade shows or customer workshops.
- Build lasting relationships with customers.
- Prepare sales proposals and train other sales representatives from time to time.
- Minimum X years of relevant experience.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Sales or Marketing or equivalent.
- Solution-oriented analytical skills.
- Ability to initiate conversations and make a lasting impact.
- Well-versed with Excel and CRM software.
About the Company:________
Sample Job Description From Other Companies
#1 Kryon, UK
About the role
Come and join us here at Kryon, a market leader in enterprise automation, and play your own part in the success of our unique full-cycle RPA solution, which combines innovative technology, AI, and a true business user experience. Our award-winning automation suite is used by enterprises worldwide, including AIG, Allianz, AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, Ernst & Young, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, HP, Microsoft, Santander Bank, Singtel Optus, Verizon, and Wyndham Hotel Group.
We are seeking a Presales Manager – a professional who will play a crucial role in business development processes and business proposal creation, including lead qualification, elaboration of our RPA offering, value proposition, and final deal closure.
The successful candidate will work with our Sales team, to develop and present business solutions, aligning business needs and positioning Kryon products and services as key differentiators and competitive advantage.
- 5+ years of Experience as s Presale/Sales Engineer.
- 3+ years overall IT/development Background.
- Experience in RFP’s and RFI’s, POCs.
- Experience working with global customers.
- Good interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Analytical skills and the ability to recognize the demands on the side of the clients.
- Willingness to travel.
- Planning of sales strategies, the positioning in contrast to the competitors, and the demonstration of the business.
- Preparation of presentations about the products or services with all their values for the usage of the sales department.
- Creation of marketing concepts.
- Answering customers’ RFP’s and RFI’s for our local and global sales teams.
- Engagement with the customers and interpretation of their needs and derivation of advice for prospective products that are aligned with the customers’ demands.
#2 HP, Printing Presales & Technical Consultant, Poland
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it’s who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
We currently have one of the greatest printing and personal systems portfolios on the market and we are looking for the Presales Consultant who will work with and support the Sales Account Managers in customer accounts, developing new business opportunities and technical relationships. The successful candidate would be expected to solve common and complex technical business issues and recommend appropriate solutions in the printing sector. With the ability to work on problems of diverse complexity and scope.
As a Presales Technical Consultant, you will:
- Gather and assess customer needs, both business and technology in the printing sector.
- Identify the required project steps.
- Identify likely problem areas that require attention.
- Designs and implements complete & complex printing solutions (e.g. managed print services, document management solutions, etc)
- Act as an architect on an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer’s business requirements.
- Investigate and optimize a solution’s fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future.
- Adapt solution design to new requirements.
- Establish the validity of a solution and its components.
- Identify the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities.
- Maintain excellent communications with customer executive management across the Region.
- Represent HP as a technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in the area of expertise and links to related technology areas.
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
Join us if you have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Fluent English and Polish.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in technical consultative selling and account management.
- Technical and/or solution experience in the appropriate industry.
- Understanding of technical innovations and trends as well as their impact on solving customer business problems. And then applies an understanding of the customer’s value chain and business requirements when designing and proposing solutions
- Demonstrates knowledge of HP’s technology & solutions, with deep expertise in the area of specialization and related technologies.
- Establishes thought leadership in a technical specialty area with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work as the lead for large complex projects.
- Strong communications skills with executive managers, as well as some C-level executives.
- Attention to details.
- Medical package for you and your closest family
- Life insurance package
- Wellness program, Multisport card, and free coffee, tea, sandwiches, and fruit
- Special offers from theaters and cinemas
- HP employee product and vendors discount program
#3 Mc Kinsey Transformation, Client Success Specialist, London
- Undergraduate degree with an excellent academic record; MBA from a top business school is a plus
- 5-10 of pre-sales or account management experience in a consultative product or services environment; prior consulting experience would be highly appreciated
- Experience with SaaS, PaaS, and/or digital products is a plus as well as experience in large transformation programs
- Outstanding project management or change management skills
- Clear oral and written communication skills to present complex value propositions to client senior executives
- Relationship management skills; able to manage contacts up and down throughout internal and client organizations
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a genuine interest in proactively contributing to the Wave solution continuous improvement
Who will you work with:
- You’ll join our London office as part of our Transformation team and focus in particular on the Wave solution, a web-based collaborative platform for program management and impact tracking.
- Wave equips clients to successfully manage improvement programs and transformations. Focused on business impact, Wave allows clients to track the impact of individual initiatives and understand how they affect longer-term goals. Its mix of an intuitive interface and McKinsey business expertise gives clients a simple and insightful picture of a complex portfolio and its consolidated impact. It allows all contributors and managers to track the progress and performance of initiatives against business goals, budget, and timeframes.
- You’ll work with a variety of colleagues (development, service delivery, management, client development). They will be based in different offices across Europe, India, Costa Rica, Australia, the US, and beyond, and they all have a common passion for digital innovation and smart business processes.
What you will do:
- You will manage long-term client relationships and client satisfaction, and you’ll partner with client service teams and Wave client service staff to drive seamless implementations in complex client environments.
- Leveraging your consultative and relationship-building skills, as well as your sector and functional expertise, you will ensure clients are engaged with and see the value of the Wave platform and experience. You’ll also identify follow-up opportunities. Additionally, you’ll coordinate relevant activities across the Wave team (e.g., workshops with strategic clients, tactical outreach to participants) in partnership with other teams.
- By proactively problem-solving, escalating issues where appropriate, and acting as a client advocate inside Wave, McKinsey Transformation, and the broader firm as needed, you will resolve relationship issues as they arise and manage other client engagement tasks such as regular touch-points to review program performance, user analytics, SLA, etc. You’ll also coordinate delivery of in-person programs/workshops for core clients, in conjunction with Wave teams, McKinsey experts, and facilitators. You will have an active part in identifying and generating opportunities to expand the McKinsey contract extension and renewals process at a client.
- Furthermore, you will provide effective thought leadership by proactively understanding client needs and maintaining knowledge of industry trends and competitor offerings. In addition, you will actively contribute ideas for new product development, marketing and communication initiatives, and operational improvements.