Payroll Specialist Interview Questions
Payroll Specialists are in charge of handling payroll and making sure all employees are paid correctly and on schedule. The ideal candidate would have a solid working knowledge of accounting and payroll procedures as well as good numeracy skills.
Here are some questions to make sure you rightly assess these skills in the potential candidates:
- What would your goals be if you were hired for this job, and how would you spend your time during your first week?
- What is the significance of consistency when doing a payroll specialist job?
- How do you ensure utmost precision when doing payroll tasks?
- Explain the primary responsibilities of the payroll specialist.
- Can you explain your experience dealing with various types of payroll software?
- What are the most important mistakes that a payroll professional can make, and how can such mistakes be reduced or avoided?
- In your field of work, technology and legislation are rapidly evolving. How do you intend to keep up with the latest laws and software changes?
- What is the primary function of IRS, w2 and w4 forms?
- What exactly is the FLSA?
- What kind of experience do you have in establishing a new payroll system?
- Please describe your payroll background.