1. Salary Structure Versioning
- We have added a feature to capture multiple versions of salary breakups for every single change made in the structural breakup.
- Will be capturing the reasons for the version triggered for every breakup.
- Any changes made in components, overrides & configurations won’t affect the already finalized cycles even though you roll back the payroll. For a single payroll month, only one version will be added for a salary revision.
- Versions will be created for a structure, only if changes are done with respect to the existing breakup.
Note: A version would be created for the existing revision which will be processed from current pending cycle.
A salary structure version will be created if and when any changes are made as listed below:
- Component Configurations – Renaming, Updating maximum limits, hiding any components in payslip.
- Updating PF /ESI Configurations.
- Updating Range based / Custom Salary Structures.
- Employee level component overrides.
- PF Overrides.
- Updating employee compliance preferences.
On making any of above changes a version would be created for the current effective revision with an effective date as current pending pay cycle which will be visible for both admin and the employee.
On clicking over the “clock” icon over the respective revision, a user can check the changes in salary breakup with respect to the salary processed earlier.
Each and every update related to above changes will be shown as comments.
2. Added ability to define the formula for PT
Previously, system used to calculate Professional Tax on the gross salary of the employee. Now you can define the formula for Professional Tax.
To make this more effecient, the workflow has been updated.
The following changes have been made.
- Removed PT On/Off button in ‘Statutory Filing’ information under Payroll Settings.
- Removed the option “Include bonuses and one-time payments in gross for PT calculation” under PT Settings.
- Removed the option to Enable/Disable Professional Tax under Custom Salary Structures.
A new component named Professional Tax will be shown in each pay group.
To disable it at group level click on Edit option of Professional Tax under Settings >> Payroll >> Salary Structure and Components >> Recurring Components and disable the component.
To disable Professional Tax for one particular Custom Salary Structure, remove that component from the salary structure. This is similar to removing other recurring components from a salary structure.
You can now include the following components in the formula for Professional Tax:
- Any Recurring Components (i.e. Allowance, Reimbursements, Reimbursable components, Recurring deduction)
- Any Adhoc Components (i.e. Adhoc Allowances, Bonuses)
- All One time Payments and Bonuses by using the name ALL_BONUSES and ALL_ONETIMEPAYMENTS.
If PT is applicable then Check the following box in Statutory Filing information step and fill the details related to Professional Tax otherwise uncheck the following Checkbox.
3. Ability to add various components in the formula for Leave Encashment
Previously only Basic and DA were used in the formula for Leave Encashment. Now, PF Employer share and ESI Employer share can be added in the formula for Leave Encashment.
4. Upgarded UI for Component Claims Screen under Payroll >> Components Claims
This gives the flexibility to the user to filter the claims based on Pay group and Component Name. A comment can also be made while approving the Component Claims.
5. Ability to view the names of the components added in the formula of other components
WORK FORCE MANAGEMENT
1. Upgarded UI for attendance reports
All Time attend > Attendance reports have an upgraded UI with department and location filters. Data would be shown only after selecting date range.
2. Added ability for Department Head and L2 Manager to edit employee week-off/shifts
Previously, only RM was able to edit weekly-off or shift for his/her reportees.
However, now the Department Head and L2 Manager can also edit the week-off and shifts based on the setting made.
3. Added an option to round off available leave balance to previous available half day
Leave balance can now be rounded to previous available half day.
If this option is enabled, when the available balance is between 0.1 – 0.4, it is rounded off to 0 and when it is in between 0.6 – 0.9 the balance is rounded off to 0.5.
4.Upgraded UI for Leave requests, Compensatory Off requests and Leave Exception reports
Employees in the reports can be filtered out based on department and location. Data would be shown only after selecting date range.
5. Added option to restrict accrual while employee is in notice period
If this option is selected, employees leave will not be accrued if they are in notice period.
6. Added ability to import attendance logs from excel
This option must be enabled form back-end. Reach to Keka Support to get this enabled.
Once enabled, it can be accessed from Time Attend >> Dashboard.
You can now upload your own template or download our template and fill in the required details. The import logs excel sheet is as shown below:
If you are uploading your own excel sheet, in the second step, you can match the columns with Keka columns from the dropdown given.
Once the columns are matched, the logs can be previewed in the 3rd step where you can correct any errors by double clicking on the cell which needs to be edited.
- When you click on confirm, the attendance is recalculated automatically for the employees and the logs will reflect in their attendance summaries.
- Only HR Manager, HR Executive, Global admin and Asset manager can access log import.
- The logs are shown under a new premise called Import. Importing the first in and last out logs is recommended with this import.
1. Upgraded UI of My Team – Leave and My Team – Attendance
Following are the new enhancements and major changes implemented in this functionality:
- Accessibility for Department Head to view and perform actions on the leave requests of all the employees who are under his department.
- Accessibility for L2 Manager to view and perform actions on the leave requests of all his ‘Indirect Reportees’.
- Hereafter, all the leave and attendance requests which are reflecting due to Approval chain will be shown only in Inbox. All the team employee’s requests will be shown under My Team.
- Reporting Manager/ L2 Manager/ Department Head can perform actions on pending leave requests also, before approving or rejecting it.
My Team – Leave:
Earlier the leaves could be approved or rejected by the managers only from My Team > Leave screen.
To provide quick accessibility for Managers, we have added the following screens under My Team > Leave
- Leave Consumption Chart: All the leave requests in a selected date range will be shown in this chart. You can view the number of leave requests (both Pending approval and approved) on a particular day by hovering the date on the chart.
- Unplanned Leave: Leave request applied for current or past dates is considered as unplanned leave. Top 5 employees in a team who are having more number of Unplanned Leave requests in the selected date range will be shown in this widget.
- No Leave Taken: The team employees who don’t have any leave requests in the selected duration will be shown under this widget.
- Most Leave Taken: The top 5 team employees who have taken leave in the selected duration sorted based on number of leave requests taken in descending order will be displayed in this widget.
The pending Leave and Compensatory – off requests of the team members will be displayed on this screen. Reporting Manager/ L2 Manager/ Department Head can perform the following actions
Pending Leave Approvals:
- Approve the Leave request
- Reject the Leave request
- Change Leave type
- Change Leave date
Pending Compensatory off Approvals:
- Approve the compensatory off request
- Reject the compensatory off request
All the penalized leaves of the team’s employees will be displayed on this screen. The penalization type includes – No Attendance log, Less work duration, Late coming, Missing swipe. Reporting Manager/ L2 Manager/ Department Head can perform the following actions on the penalized leaves
- Change Leave Type
- Cancel Penalty
Past Leave Requests
All the leave requests on which action is already taken will be displayed on this screen. Reporting Manager/ L2 Manager/ Department Head can perform the following actions on approved leave requests
- Change Leave Type
- Change Leave Dates
- Cancel Leave
My Team – Attendance:
Reporting Manager/ L2 Manager/ Department Head can Approve or Reject all the Attendance related requests from this screen.
- Attendance Adjustments
- Work From Home / On Duty
- Remote Clockin
Efforts / Punctuality
To provide easy accessibility for Managers,a few charts have been included with statistics. The charts related to employee punctuality will be displayed here. The following graphs will be displayed on this screen
- On Time Leaderboard
- Avg. Work Hours Leaderboard
- Avg. Overtime Hours Leaderboard
The charts related to employee Attendance negligence like Late arrivals etc. will be shown here. The following graphs are shown under My Team – Attendance > Negligence screen
- Late Arrivals
- Least Hours Worked
- Frequent Breaks
2. Ability to download all the graphs
You can download all the graphs shown in these screens in the form of PNG, PDF and Excel by clicking on export option shown in each graph.
3. Added Expense edit option in My Team
As Expense edit option is removed in the new Inbox, expense approvers can now edit the request from My Team > Expenses > Waiting for Approval
4. Added ability to edit excel import data online – Assets and Attendance Data Import
Previously, while uploading the data, it had to be in keka’s pre-defined format. However, now you can directly import your own formatted excel file and can edit or correct errors by mapping the excel columns with keka field columns.
This has been implemented only for Assets import and Attendance logs import. All the remaining imports will work as they are.
Steps to be followed:
- Navigate to Org > Assets and click on ‘Bulk import Assets’ button. You can download the excel template from import wizard.
- Upload the excel file by clicking on ‘Upload Excel File’ button in the 1st step (Upload Template) of Import assets wizard.
- Map your Excel columns to keka field names by selecting the field names from dropdowns provided in 2nd step (Match Columns).
- You can ignore any of the columns if you don’t want to consider that data (You cannot ignore required fields).
- Check for errors if any, in the given excel and correct them in 3rd step (Preview Data). All the cells with errors will be displayed in red color and the updated cells will be shown in green color.
- Validation messages will be shown on hover if there are any errors in the cell.
- You can import the data successfully by clicking on ‘Continue’ button if there are no errors in the data.
5. Added Last Action taken and Next Approver columns in My Team – Leave and Attendance Approvals
As we have given ability for Reporting Manager, L2 Manager and Department Head to approve the leave requests of their team members from My team, the last and the next approver details will be helpful for you to understand the approval flow easily.
6. Ability to hide Employee Directory and Organization Tree from backend:
We can hide both Employee Directory and Organization tree from backend. However, Global Admin, HR Manager and HR Executive can view them from the current path even if they are hidden. Reach out to Keka Support to get this enabled.
1. Added ad hoc cycles
As the name suggests, ad hoc cycles are independent cycles that can be created and reviews can be conducted at any point in time.
Creating an ad-hoc cycle:
When a review group is created, we are showing “Create an ad-hoc review cycle” option.
Click on “create an ad-hoc cycle” to create a review cycle.
Enter review cycle name and click on the save button.
For this, the cycle start date will be shown as today’s date by default. User can modify it and can complete the settings.
There is no restriction in adding employees to ad-hoc cycles. Employees who are added to the group will be shown in all the ad-hoc cycles under that group. So, an employee can have multiple reviews in one review group.
- Review cycles yet to be initiated:
If reviews are not initiated from a cycle, then that cycle will be shown under this.
- Active Review cycles:
If reviews are initiated in a cycle, then it will be shown under active cycles until all the reviews are completed associated with it.
- Completed Review cycles:
If all the reviews of employees in that cycle are completed (released), then it will be moved to completed review cycles.
Review process and review cycle settings will be frozen and can’t be updated once the employees are assigned to a review cycle.
2. Added ability to clone the process settings from the selected review cycle
Earlier, process settings of a cycle used to be copied from the previous cycle in that review group by default. There is no option to copy the settings from the cycle in another group.
Now however, these settings can be cloned. When global admin / performance admin clicks on “Setup review process” in a cycle for the first time, it will open a pop-up with the following two options:
- Clone settings from another cycle : If you choose the review group and review cycle, then the process settings of that cycle will be cloned (except cycle start date- as it will be based on frequency).
- Configure the settings from scratch : You can configure the settings from scratch.
3. Ability for an employee to see the reviewers who have been nominated for them
Earlier, the nominated reviewers (Peers or subordinates) for employee and managers were not shown. Now, a setting is given to reveal the identity of nominated reviewers for employee.
If the admin wants to show the peers/subordinates then they can select whom they want to show for employee.
If peers are selected, then peers will be shown for employee, same with subordinates and vice versa.
Employee can view this in Me>>Performance>>Reviews tab
This setting is applicable only for employee, whereas managers can view nominations in My Team>>Performance>>current reviews once the nomination step is completed.
4. Upgraded UI for Review administration
The UI for review administration is upgraded (Performance >> Reviews>>Review administration). In “Start” tab we have made the following changes:
- Ability to initiate the cancelled reviews in bulk.
- Ability to remove the cancelled reviews in bulk.
Earlier, if a review is cancelled then we had to re-initiate or remove it individually. When there are more number of employees it becomes very difficult. Now, this can do in bulk by the admins.
5. Implemented reports for managers (Reporting manager, Manager of manager, Department head)
In the current implementation, there are no reports for managers(Department head/Manager of Manager/Reporting Manager).
In the current implementation, there are no reports for managers(Department head/Manager of Manager/Reporting Manager).
If reporting manager selects direct reports, then the related review group, review cycles will be shown. Upon selecting them the data will be shown in reports.
Data shown in these reports will be based on the “feedback form” step of review process settings. If managers has visibility access then only data will be shown, otherwise it wont be shown.
6. Upgraded UI for Me >> Performance (Reviews, Competencies and core values, 1:1 meetings)
Competencies and core values:
We are showing both the job function and competencies assigned in competencies. If an employee has two job functions, then the two job functions and competencies assigned to them will be shown separately.
7. Upgraded UI for My team>>Performance (Reviews, 1:1 meeting)
We now have a Pending Actions Tab where employee will be shown all pending actions related to reviews like nomination, meeting, Review submission under this tab.
All the current & past reviews will be shown under reviews tab with direct/Indirect/Department as sub tabs.
Functionality remains same in 1:1 meetings. Only UI refinement is done.