1. Refined Custom Salary Structure Settings
The custom salary structure settings have been refined to give our users a more practical and convenient method to create and manage custom salary structures. With the new implementation, custom salary structures of both permanent and contract employees can be managed at one place.
The following steps will elaborate the new settings:
Step 1: Go to Settings >> Payroll >> Custom Salary Structures
Step 2: Here you can either create or manage existing custom salary structures.
Step 3: In this step, you can set up a new custom salary structure or edit settings of existing custom salary structure.
Step 4: To setup/configure PF, ESI, PT & TDS settings for this custom salary structure, click on ‘Advanced Settings’ link under Description.
2. Option to Add Perks/Benefits Under Salary
Now you can see the perks/benefits assigned to an employee under his/her salary.
To add & Assign Perk/benefit to an employee, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to Payroll >> Perks. Click on ‘Add Perk’ button to start adding a Perk.
Step 2: Add details of Perk that you wish to assign to employees in your organization.
Assigning Perk to Employee:
Step 1: Go to Payroll >> Perks >> Employee Assignment. Click on ‘Assign Perk’ to choose employee and assign perk.
Step 2: Now search and select Employee. Click on ‘+Add Perk’, select ‘Perk Type’ >> Enter amount, and click on ‘Save’ button.
3. Pre-payroll Actions Visible even after the Payroll is Finalized
Pre-payroll actions are now available as read-only view after the payroll is finalized. The payroll actions from now will turn into read-only view once the payroll is finalized. To view Pre-payroll actions of any month, click on ‘Dropdown Icon’ on extreme right against ‘1. Run Payroll Actions’
4. Option to Add Remarks for Tasks in F&F
Now we have the option to add remarks under each task created and assigned while processing F&F of an employee.
5. Option to Include Bonuses & One-time Payments in Gross for PT calculation
Currently, Bonus and one-time payment are considered for Monthly Gross for PT calculation purpose. Many organizations want to exclude (from Gross) all kind of Bonus & one-time payments for PT calculation, to do so, enable it by going to Settings >> Payroll >> Statutory Filing Information
1. Reporting Managers can access their team Members Reports
Reporting managers have a dedicated section to pull out leaves and attendance data of their direct reportees.
To access reports, go to ‘My Team >> Reports’
Various sections of reports available for reporting managers are:
- Team Leave Reports
- Team Punctuality Reports
- Team Negligence Reports
- Team Attendance Summary Reports
- Team Attendance Request Reports
2. Leave History Report (Opening and Closing Leave Balances of Employees)
This report provides you the Opening and Closing balances of each leave type (for a Leave Plan) for selected date range.
To access this report, go to Time Attend >> Reports >> Leave Reports > Opening and Closing Leave Balances of Employees.
3. Accrued Leaves of Absence (Leaves Accrued)
This Report shows the leaves accrued for the employees for selected leave type & date range.
To access this report, go to Time Attend >> Reports >> Leave Reports > Leaves Accrued.
1. Option to add attachments in Polls
Now you can add an attachment while creating and sending out polls to your employees.
ORGANIZATION & EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT
1. Functional Structure of the Organization
Keka now supports four-level hierarchy in defining the functional structure of an organization. The most common functions – business units and departments are fully supported by Keka. A hierarchy among them can also be clearly defined. The following image illustrates the organizational structure:
To add Business Unit:
Step1: Settings >> Company Settings >> Business Unit >> Add New
Step 2: Add Business Unit’s name and description and click on ‘Save’
You can also assign Business Head by clicking on “Assign Business Head” icon
- A company can have single or multiple business units.
- In case any company doesn’t have a business unit, the company by itself becomes the default business unit.
- A business unit can have single or multiple departments under it.
To add Departments:
Step 1: Settings >> Company Settings >> Department >> Add New
Step 2: Add Department >> Select Parent Group
- A department can have single or multiple sub-departments under it.
- If you want to create sub-department then select the department under parent group
- If there are multiple business units then, select the business unit for adding new department.
2. Multi-level Approvals
The approval chains in leave and timesheet modules have been improved with the following new roles :
- L2 Manager (Manager of Reporting Manager)
- Department Head
- Business Unit Head
Path: Settings >> Leaves >> Leave Type >> Leave Approval.
3. Option to Bulk Add Department
Now multiple departments can be created in one go using bulk import feature.
Path: Settings >> Company Settings >> Departments
1. UI enhancement in employee attendance page
For the organizations considering only gross hours for employee attendance, the detailed logs have been replaced by a more simplistic view. Only the first-in-time and the last out-time are shown.
However, the admins will have the detailed view in which all the time logs can be seen.
2. Option to send Notifications to Employees for Attendance Tracking Policy
For all the below mentioned parameters, we can auto-notify the user by triggering email notification to employees.
- No time entries logged on a particular day
- Late arrival
- Total work hours less than shift hours
- Missing swipes in attendance
Note: This is a restricted option, and not available to all users. Please drop an email to email@example.com to enable this option for your account.
Might you have any questions regarding these updates, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.