November Keka Updates
Employee Documents Revamp – Nov 13, 2019
The enhanced version of employee documents will help the organization in handling the employee documents in a better way.
Admin can configure multiple document folders as per the requirement and also can configure the visibility permissions for each folder
Within a document folder, user can add different document types in a folder. We are providing some additional settings in each document type for better usability.
2. Pending Verification:
Any document type that is enabled with option ‘Document verification needed’ needs verification when details are added/updated by employee. Admins can now verify all the documents from this screen only instead of doing it from employee profile
Employee documents which are sent for verification will be shown in this tab for the Admin (Global Admin/ HR Manager/ HR Executive).
3. Pending on employee:
A document type that is enabled with option ‘This document is mandatory’ needs to be added by employee.
Employees who did not submit the required documents will be listed in this screen. Admin can remind the employee by clicking on ‘Nudge’ which will trigger an email notification.
All the employee documents that are verified by the Admin are shown here.
5. Expiring docs:
A document type requires expiry date if it is enabled with option ‘Ask employee for expiry date’. Documents of employee that are expired or yet to be expired are shown here.
We can notify the employee through email asking to renew the document.
6.Documents in Employee Profile
Documents UI in employee profile is enhanced with new design providing the better usability.
Ability to generate passwords in bulk for User Name login employees – Nov 11, 2019
Admin can now generate passwords in bulk for the employees whose login mode is User name (Mobile Number / Employee Number). This can be done through an excel import.
Global Admin / HR Manager / HR Executive can access this import from the path: Settings > Data imports > Employee password generation
- Set Password’ and ‘Reset password’ options are available for organizations which have enabled the setting that allows login using employee number or mobile number.
- Password can be set or reset only for employees who do not have work email mentioned in Keka. If you want to enable employee number or mobile number login for an employee who has work email ID in Keka, please go to that employee’s profile and remove their work email.
- You can use this import option to either set a password for the first time or reset existing password for an employee by entering a password of your choice (Min 6 characters) in the password column of the import file.
- If the password column is left blank for an employee in the imported file, Keka will automatically generate a random password for that employee.
- After successful import, an excel sheet will be downloaded automatically with the generated passwords. Admins can share these passwords to employees to whom employee number or mobile number login is enabled.
The import history will be logged in Data imports which can be used for further references.
Note: This import will be available only if User Name (Employee Number/ Mobile Number) login is enabled for the organization
Minor Updates – Nov 11, 2019
- We have provided a new report ‘Overtime consolidated hours’ in Time Attend > Reports > Attendance reports, this report consists of the total (Consolidated) OT hours worked by the employees according to the Overtime policy assigned to them.
- Changed Org Structure path: To access the organization related settings (Departments, Business Units, Segments, Cost centers, Bands, Pay Grades, Legal Entities) easily, we have moved it to the path Org > Org Structure
Restriction on employees requesting credit for comp-off for past days – Nov 08, 2019
We have added a new setting while setting up comp-off leave type in the ‘Leave Quota’ step.
Using this settings admin can restrict users from raising a comp-off credit request for more than a certain number of days in the past.
Comp-off leave type setup:
For example: Employee has worked on a week-off on 13th October and is trying to raise a comp-off credit request on 7th November. When admin restricts this request to ’10 days’ employee will not be able to request comp-off credit for 13th October.
Ability to export salary reports as per the filters selected – Nov 07, 2019
Ability to export salary reports as per the filters selected. With this feature admins can export the following reports by each Department/Business unit/ Location wise, which makes the accounting easier.
Following are the list of reports that has filtering ability.
Added a new tab “Leave Types” to manage the Leave types – Nov 07, 2019
Navigate to settings>>Leave&holiday>>Leave types
Here we are showing all the leave types that are present in the organization. You can add new leave type by clicking on “Add new Leave type” button and can update the existing Leave types.
Enhancements in Reimbursable component and Reimbursement settings – Nov 05, 2019
Reimbursable component/Reimbursement is an act of compensating someone for an out of pocket expense by giving them an amount of money equal to what was spent. Most of the companies have policies outlining when they will reimburse employees for these out of pocket expenses. Typically, these expenses are related to travel and can also include the costs associated with food, ground transportation, educational courses and driver expenses.
To aid the need of configuring different policies, we have made certain enhancements to reimbursable and reimbursement components giving the ability to configure claim frequency, amount restriction and balance amount payout.
To view this, navigate to Settings >> Payroll >> Salary Components >> Edit/Add Component. Use Click here link under “To update claim frequency , amount per claim, payout pattern , and year end processing” (as shown in below image).
The following options will start appearing:
What are the new options?
- User can select the claim frequency as ‘Every Month or Quarterly or Half-Yearly or One time during the entire year.’ Based on the option selected employee will be able to submit the claim as per the selected frequency.
- The claim amount can be restricted to either the accrued amount only or entire allocated annual amount.
- Similarly payment amount can be restricted to either to the accrued amount or entire claimed amount.
- User can also configure, how they wish to process the unclaimed amount.
Interview scheduler – Nov 02, 2019
Scheduling interviews is now made easier using Kekahire. Interviews of two types can be scheduled: Phone/video Interview, Face-Face interview from candidate profile by global admin, super recruiter, team lead, recruiter of job level. Feedback can be provided on interviews and if needed future interviews can be cancelled through candidate scorecard
Note: Only one phone/video interview can be scheduled at once for a day, however multiple face-to-face interviews can be scheduled
Scheduling an interview from candidate’s profile:
On choosing required type of interview, a pop-up to schedule interview opens up which allows user to choose panel members corresponding to that interview. Panel members here would be the interviewers of corresponding job. Interview scheduling can be done in the following process
User needs to enter interview name and timings of interview, choose panel members who will be taking the interview. Once timings are chosen, the same appears selected in the scheduler
Note: If panel members is selected for another scheduled interview for a duration on the selected day, that duration is highlighted in red
Also, there’s an option to expand and collapse interviews, so that if there are multiple interviews it’d be easier to view brief info of all the interviews. There’s an option to delete any interview while scheduling.
Once the interview is scheduled, there’s a preview of email sent to candidate regarding interview is shown in the 2nd step. If there are multiple interviews, start time of first interview and end time of last interview would be shown
Note: Along with this, a default mail template will be sent individually to all panel members i.e., interviewers.
Mail sent to candidate:
Mail sent to panel members:
Panel members (interviewers) have provide feedback button to give rating to the candidates in the score card of the candidate, admin can view who have submitted feedback among the panel members
Future interviews can be cancelled by admin, recruiter (of job level), super recruiter, cancelled interviews are indicated with a “cancelled” tag. A mail will be triggered to candidate and interviewers regarding cancellations.
Cancelled email to panel members:
Cancelled email to candidate:
Candidate visibility restriction to recruiters – Nov 01, 2019
A new setting to restrict candidates visibility for recruiter of the job is added. Through this, user can restrict recruiter of the job to see only those candidates added by him/her under the job
This can be configured under the job >> Hiring team by global admin, super recruiter or team lead
If the check box is selected, then recruiters of corresponding job can see only those candidates added by him/her. If the check box is deselected, then recruiters of corresponding job can see all the candidates (added by anyone)