1. Rule Addition to Missing Swipe
Introduced an option in tracking policy, to ignore penalization due to missing swipes rule when average effective hours is greater than (defined) desired hours.
To set this option, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to Settings >> Time & Attendance >> Attendance Tracking Policy, and click on edit against the tracking policy you need to update.
Step 2: Click on Setup/Edit against ‘Leave Deduction Configuration’.
Note: This changes can be made to policy effective today, or any future date. This can’t be configured retrospectively.
Step 3: Go to 4th step ‘Missing Swipes’ to configure.
2. Added New Attendance Reports
- Attendance status report – This report gives a daily view of employees’ attendance, including visibility of leaves, present, absent, half-days, etc. during selected period.
To access these reports, go to Time Attend >> Reports >> Attendance Summary Reports > Attendance Status Report
- Working days summary – This reports gives a summary of counts of days employee was present, absent, on leave, etc. during selected period.
To access these reports, go to Time Attend >> Reports >> Attendance Summary Reports > Working Days Summary
3. Modification in showing shift hours in “Monthly Performance Report”
Previously, in Monthly performance report shift hours were shown irrespective of the day. Now we show shift hours based on Full day week off or Half day week-off or holiday.
For example: Employee shift hours: 9 hours including break of 1 hour
For Holiday showing as: 0:00
For Full Day Week off showing as: 0:00
For Half day week off showing as: 4:30 – shift timings as Half of actual employee shift hours.
Holiday & Full day week-off:
Half day week-off:
4. Added “Total Effective Hours” and “Average Effective Hours” in Monthly Performance Report
5. Issues Fixed
- Fixed inconsistencies in calculating Average Work Hours of the employee in Attendance reports.
- Excel import available (in addition to existing PDF format) for ‘Monthly Performance Summary’ report under ‘My Team’ reports. Access this report by going to My Team >> Reports >> Monthly Performance Summary.
- Fixed sending ‘Attendance Missing’ emails to employees who are not registered yet.
- Fixed issue in showing incorrect leave count in monthly performance report when there’s a sandwich rule applied. Previously, if there’s a sandwich rule for a leave type, leave penalty would be incurred for week-off and holidays accompanying leaves. Due to this, there were inconsistencies in leave count shown in employee leaves tab and monthly performance report.
- Fixed showing Average Gross hours as 0:00 when there are no present days in employee attendance logs. Previously, if there were no present days in employee attendance, average gross hours would reflect as 0.
- Fixed showing last week stats in HH:MM format in homepage attendance widget and Time and Attendance >> Dashboard >> Attendance snapshot
1. Sorting for Leaves and Compensatory off Requests
Now you can sort Leaves and Compensatory off requests shown in inbox based on time.
2. UI Modification for showing comments In inbox for Leaves
Reason for leave request mentioned by the employee is shown with the leave details under Inbox.
Path: Inbox >> leave Requests
3. Modified Approval Chain Implementation for Leaves
a. Leave request is sent for approval only if approver is registered and active (not an exited employee).
With the new changes in the approval chain system, leave requests are only sent for approval to employee who are registered and active on Keka system. If the employee is not registered or is relieved/exited, the leave requests will no longer be sent for approval even if the employee exists in the approval chain. This change has been done to prevent users’ requests going into pending state in cases where the approver is not part of the system.
b. Leave request will be auto-approved when approvers added in approval chain are not assigned to the employee.
If an employee is not having any reporting manager assigned to him/her, the leave requests will get auto-approved, even if the reporting manager role is added in the approval chain. This has been implemented to avoid situations where the approval goes into pending state, when there is no reporting manager assigned to an employee.
IMPORTANT: It is recommended to assign reporting manager to each employee in the organization if this has not been done yet.
Same is the case when other roles (such as Project Manager, Client Manager, etc.) are not assigned to employee (via. Timesheet > Projects).
c. Leave request is not sent for approval when the project is assigned to all employees.
If Project Manager has been assigned to project(s) which is assigned to all employees in an organization, he/she will no longer be receiving approval requests from all employees, even if Project Manager role is part of approval chain. The Project Managers who are assigned to projects which has a defined team (and not all employee of the organization), will still receive approval requests from their team (if Project Manager is part of approval chain). Same goes with the case when Client Manager is part of the approval chain.
d. Leave request is sent to Project Managers of projects which are In-Progress(Status) only.
Previously, Project(s) were considered as active based on the End Date of the Project(s) and leave requests from the team members (of project) were sent to project Manager(s) for approval. Now the projects’ active state will be considered based on the Projects’ status (Completed / In-Progress/ Cancelled). Going forward, leave request for approvals will be sent to only those projects which are In-Progress state.
4. Issues Fixed
- Fixed issue in showing leave request date in the email when leave type is changed for the leave request. Previously it is showing the leave request date as 1 January 2018 irrespective of leave request date.
- Fixed issue with loading leave balance actions step while viewing year-end Processing. Previously when a new leave type is added to the finalized leave plan after which nothing was shown in year-end processing grid.
- Fixed issue in sending leave request email when global notify is added in settings. When global notify is added in setting then leave request mail was not being sent. Now we fixed this issue and email is sent to the global notify persons when leave request is approved.
- Fixed issue in showing employee name twice in leaves year end Processing report.
- Fixed issue in showing negative leave balance in opening and closing balance report.
- Fixed Issue in applying leave when floater leave type is applied by selecting another leave type.
1. Modified Approval Chain Implementation for Timesheet
a. Timesheet approval request is sent only to approver who is registered and active (not an exited employee)
With the new changes in the approval chain system, timesheet approval requests are only sent for approval to employee who are registered and active on Keka system. If the employee is not registered or is relieved/exited, the timesheet requests will no longer be sent for approval even if the employee exists in the approval chain. This change has been done to prevent users’ requests going into pending state in cases where the approver is not part of the system.
b. Timesheet request will no longer be completely auto-approved when global admin approves the timesheet.
Earlier, when a Global admin used to approve a timesheet, the timesheet got completely auto-approved, irrespective of the remaining levels of approval. With the new changes in system, the request will go to the next level(s) even if global admin approves the timesheet requests. It should now pass all the levels in the approval chain for it to be approved completely.
2. Added Billing Role & Billing Rate in Timesheet Resource Import
User can now bulk import ‘Billing Role’ & ‘Billing Rate’ using the ‘Timesheet Resource Import’ Excel file.
Pre-Requisite: Client rate card details should be updated, for the billing role to appear under imports.
For easy understanding, client code is appended for the billing rate in import file.
3. “Search” field and “Scrollbar” in showing Tasks when the Employee Adds Task
Now we have added “Search” field and “Scroll bar” in showing tasks when employee adds a task .
Path: Me >> Timesheet >> Click to Add Task
4. Issues Fixed
- Fixed considering all employee count in timesheet dashboard under unallotted count. Now, the count willreflect only those employees who have timesheet enabled.
- The employee was unable to submit the timesheet. This was due to a patch issue in approval chain for the timesheet and is fixed.
1. ESI applicability (by default) will be turned off for newly added employees.
ESI by default will be turned off for all employees who are added to the system going forward.
IMPORTANT: If the new employee is eligible for ESI, then you will have to enable ESI by following the below path:
Search Employee >> Finance >> Preferences >> Edit Provident Fund > Enable ESI Eligibility
2. Guide & Instructions for generating Form 24Q
To make easy for the user, a word document has been added, detailing out step-by-step procedure to generate form 24Q on Keka, and downloading CSI file (if required).
To access this document, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to either:
Payroll >> Run Payroll >> Payroll Outcome Actions > Income Tax TDS (will appear only under finalized payroll months), and click on ‘Manage’ link
or, Payroll >> Payroll Admin >> Income Tax and TDS Management (Form 24Q).
Step 2: Click on ‘Generate Return Files’
Step 3: On the next screen, click on ‘Form 24Q Generation Guide’ link to download the document
3. Toggle button added to view Annual/Monthly values in Current Salary report
Added an option to toggle between Annual and Monthly values of current salary. Required values can be exported by using the export option.
To access this report, go to: Payroll >> Reports >> Current Salary Report.
4. Ability to Download Pay Slips in bulk
To download pay slips of all employees in bulk, follow the steps below. This might take anywhere between few to several minutes depending on the number of employee in your organization
Step 1: Go to Payroll >> Run payroll > Payroll Outcome Actions > Manage Payslips (only applicable for finalized payroll months on Keka).
Step 2: Click on the link under ‘Bulk Download Payslips’. Once you click the link, the generation of the bulk file starts and might take few minutes depending on the number of employees included in payroll.
Step 3: Once generation is done, you can click on ‘Download All Payslips’ button to download & save this file offline.
IMPORTANT: In case of rollback of finalized payroll, or new payroll finalization, the generation of bulk file needs to be done again.
5. New report with employees’ bank and payment (Pay Register) details
Bank details like Payment mode, Bank Name, Account Number, Bank IFSC code are added along with the values shown in Pay register.
To access this report, go to, Payroll >> Reports >> Payroll Run Reports > Component break up And Financial Details for each employee (Pay Register)
6. Added Location column in Reports
Location column has been added to following reports:
- PF Summary
- ESI Monthly Statement
- PT Monthly Statement
7. Added CTC report
CTC of employees (including Bonus, Perks and Components paid outside payroll), can be reviewed in this report.
To access this report, go to, Payroll >> Reports >> Payroll Reports > Current CTC
8. Option to Change, Edit & View Bonus History
a. Added an option to change the bonus amount.
Now admin can change the bonus amount even after adding it to the employee by choosing reasons as either correction or revision. This can be done for the bonus which is Pending, Partially Paid and Paid outside Keka.
On clicking the Change option, the following screen will be shown where admin can edit the bonus amount by selecting any one of the below options.
b. Added option to Edit the Bonus.
Initially for the bonus only Delete option was available. Now we have given an option to Edit the bonus details for the Admin. To do this navigate to Employee Finance>>Salary >> Pay tab, then Edit icon is shown for the bonus which is in Pending or Paid Outside Keka.
On clicking Edit Icon, the below screen is shown and the fields like Bonus Type, Month Payable and Status can be edited.
c. Added an option to view the history of the Bonus.
The changes that are made to the bonus amount (i.e. by clicking “Change“) will be shown under Bonus Amount-Change History. The payments that are made will be shown under Bonus Details- Change History.
Path: Employee Finance Tab>>Pay>>Salary>>Click on History symbol of any bonus shown in salary timeline.
The history will be shown as below in two different sections.
9. All Employees Month-on-Month YTD Report
The report comprises of the YTD of the employees with the monthly break up will be shown within the selected date range.The same will be shown in the Excel export also.
Path: Payroll >> Reports >> All Employees Month-on-Month YTD Report.
10. Form-T Report under Compliance Reports
This is a Compliance report under Shops and Commercial Establishments Act for Karnataka State. It is a combined report of Attendance and Payroll data.
Path: Payroll>>Reports>>Compliance Reports
11. Issues Fixed
- In all import files related to Payroll, exited employees’ name will not be shown anymore. Keka will consider the status of employee (active/exited) based on the current date. If an employee is still in notice period then his/her names will be displayed though.
Example: If employee’s last working date is 1-Jan-2018 and current date is 31-Jan-2018, the downloaded import template (Excel file) won’t have name of exited employee. But, in case admin wants to import previous months payroll details (December, November, etc.), he/she can can manually add exited employee details in the excel and import the data.
- Fixed issue in income tax calculation when employee is having any negative arrears.
- Rectified calculation, of employee gratuity including DA. Initially while calculating tax exemption for Gratuity amount, the system was considering only basic. Now the system will use both Basic and DA values for calculating tax exemption for gratuity.
- Fixed showing of employees based on their status in income tax reports. Previously, for all the Financial years all employee was shown irrespective of their status. Now only the active employees of that Financial year will be shown.
1. Email Notifications
An email notification will be triggered to asset manager and employee whenever an asset is assigned or unassigned to employee.
1. Leave Year End Process Report
Leave Year-end report is now available for admins. To access this report, go to, Time Attend >> Reports >> Leave Reports >> Leave Year End Process Report
If you have any questions regarding this update, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Option to add Attendance number while adding a new employee from form.
Now we have option to add Attendance number while adding a new employee from form. This will resolve issue for missing attendance for new employees.
Path: Employees >> Add New