1. ‘NPS Employer Contribution’ integrated as recurring salary component
The NPS Employer contribution is now added as a default Recurring salary component.
This can be configured under Settings >> Payroll>> Salary Components & Structures >> Recurring Components.
Click on ‘Edit’ link to configure the settings for NPS employer share. If enabled and added to any salary structure, then the tax exemption is auto calculated.
The NPS employer contribution will reflect in Income Tax computation sheet of employees under ‘Less : Other Tax Exemptions’ as displayed below:
2. IT Computation as an addendum to the payslip
The IT computation sheet of an employee can now be attached to his / her payslip.
To do this, please go to Settings >> Payroll >> Payslip >> Payslip Options. Click on ‘Edit’ to customise the options related to payslips, including IT Computation sheet addendum to the payslip.
Once done, your employees will be able to view income tax computation along with the payslip upload download. This will look like the one displayed below (this will be appended to the current payslip):
3. Additional settings for Bonuses and Expense claim payments
We have added additional settings to manage the payments of Bonuses and Expense Claims separately (outside of Salaries).
This can be configured by going to Settings >> Payroll >> Misc Settings >> Payment Settings. Click on ‘Edit’ to enable checkboxes and update the settings.
Once these are enabled, separate payment batch for Bonus and Expenses are created when you finalize your payroll. To create separate bank transfer statements for bonus and expenses, click on ‘Manage’ against the ‘Employee Payables’ section (post the finalization of payroll).
Separate bank transfer statements for bonuses and expenses will be generated as shown below:
4. New/Updated Payroll Report
Four new YTD (Year-to-Date) reports are now added:
- All Employee YTD Report: This report will help admins to know how much has been paid to employees (split component wise) in a year, till date.
- All Employee Gross YTD Report: This report will help admins to know how much amount has been paid to employees as gross in a year, till date.
- All Employee TDS YTD Report: Through this report, admins can know how much has been deducted as TDS from employees’ salaries in a year, till date.
- All Employee PF YTD Report: Through this report, admins can know how much has been contributed to PF in a year, till date.
To access above report, go to, Payroll >> Report >> Payroll Run Reports
Reimbursable salary components report(s):
Admins can now track how much amount has been accrued, claimed and paid for the reimbursable salary components till date from this report.
To access this report, go to, Payroll >> Reports >> Payroll Run Reports > Annual [Reimbursable component name] Report.
An additional column ‘Salary Effective From’ has been added to following reports:
- Payroll >> Reports >> Payroll Reports > Current Salary Structure
- Payroll>> Reports >> Payroll Reports > Current Salary with Bonus
5. Auto regeneration of salary structures upon updating PF and ESI settings
With this new update to the system, all salary structures are now auto generated upon updating PF & ESI settings. Earlier, privileged users such as Payroll Admins or Global Admins had to do this re-generation every time a change was made to PF & ESI settings.
A confirmation is taken from the user before proceeding with the auto regeneration (upon click on ‘Complete’ button). Clicking on ‘Yes’, will generate the salary structures.
6. Partial payment of Bonus to employees
This new feature addition allows payment of partial bonus to employees, during the payroll run. Such cases arises when there is a variable bonus associated with an employee’s salary but the payment amount solely depends on the employee’s & Company’s performance.
To make a partial payment of bonus when running payroll, follow the steps below:
Go to Payroll >> Run Payroll >> Run Payroll Action > Bonus & Salary revisions
You will see list of all employees for whom Bonus payment is due. Click on the dropdown under ‘Pay Action’ and choose ‘Partially Pay’ in case the bonus amount that needs to be paid out is not 100%. Enter the amount that needs to be paid out (you can also choose to enter the %age of bonus that needs to be paid).
Once done with reviewing all the bonus payments, click on ‘Save & Continue’ button.
You can also choose to upload all the bonus actions in bulk, by using the ‘Import Bonus with Action’ link
Download & fill in the Excel file and upload it back to update all bonus actions.
7. Additional Loan reports
Two additional reports are now available under Payroll >> Reports >> Loan Reports.
- Monthly Loan EMI Report: This report shows how much EMI Amount is deducted from each employee in chosen month.
- Loan Status Report: This report shows the status of the all the loans between the selected date range.
8. Option to contribute additional 1.16% (from employer share of PF) to EPS scheme
Once this option is enabled, an additional 1.16% (in addition to existing 8.33%) will be considered for the EPS contribution, for employees whose basic is above Rs. 15000. The total PF-Employer share will not change but, the EPF and EPS contribution amount will be re-adjusted.
Example: If employee basic is above Rs. 15000 and employer PF share is Rs. 5000. An amount of Rs. 1250 will be EPS Contribution and Rs. 3750 will be EPF share. If the above mentioned option (1.16% additional contribution) is enabled, the distribution will re-adjust in the following way – EPS contribution will now be Rs. 1424 and EPF share will be Rs. 3576. However, the total contribution amount will remain the same i.e. Rs. 5000.
To enable this option, go to Settings >> Payroll >> PF & ESI Settings > PF Contribution, and click on the option ‘Allow Additional 1.16% as member share of Pension’
Once done, click on ‘Complete’ button to update this change.
These changes can be seen in ‘PF Monthly Electronic Return Report’ as well (Payroll >> Reports >> PF Monthly Electronic Return Report).
9. Update to Loan eligibility settings
Employer can now restrict employees from applying for loan based on employees’ experience. The new update lets you define who is eligible for loan based on their ‘Probation Period’ or ‘Date of Joining’.
To configure this, go to, Settings >> Payroll >> Loan Settings > Loan Eligibility.
You can either choose loan eligibility to be after the probation period of employee ends, or from date of joining itself.
10. F&F statement for relieved/exited employee(s)
Once employee’s F&F has been completed, the F&F statement can be downloaded from the ‘Finalize Settlement’ step of exit process, by clicking on ‘Download F&F Statement’.
11. Download Expense receipts in bulk
You can now bulk download all expense receipts for a chosen date range.
To do this, go to, Employees >> Expenses >> Past Claims. Choose the ‘From’ & ‘To’ date for which you wish to download the receipts. Once done, click on ‘Bulk Download Receipts’ to download all the receipts in bulk for the chosen period.
12. Following bugs were also fixed in Payroll module:
- Issues fixed in income tax calculation when bonus is paid outside Keka but included in tax calculation.
- The system was allowing duplicate names for custom salary structure and contractor salary structure. This has been fixed. Going forward, duplicate names will not be allowed.
- Admins can now add Dearness Allowance (DA) component as well when configuring Leave encashment formula/calculation (Settings >> Payroll >> Misc. Settings >> Leave Encashment Policies). Earlier it used to only consider Basic component for the calculation.
- If loans are disabled in the Loans settings section (Settings >> Payroll >> Loan Settings), then Loans tab in Payroll and My Finance (employee view) and Employee Finance (admin view) will no longer be visible.
1. Display available number of leave(s) when applying for leave
Employees can now see the number of balance leaves against each leave type when they are requesting for any leave.
2. Following bugs were also fixed in Leave module:
- The link ‘Request Compensatory Off’ in the Leaves page (My Time >> Leaves) will only be shown to those employees who have a compensatory policy assigned to them
- The names of employees in all the reports in the leaves and employee sections will now be shown in the following format: First Name + Middle Name + Last Name
- The ‘Accrued So Far’ in the charts on the employee’s leave page will only be shown if there is an accrual policy configured.
- The ‘Last Approved by’ field in the notification emails (generated when an employee requests for leave etc.) has been rectified with appropriate data.
ORGANIZATION & EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT
1. Introducing Organization Tree
The organization tree has been added to give better picture of organizational structure.
Go to, ‘Employees >> Dashboard >> Org. Tree’, or ‘Employees >> Directory >> Organization Tree’
Click on ‘Organization Tree’ button to view the tree (representation below)
2. Introducing Business Units & Sub-departments
In the hierarchy of an organization, the top level now would be Business Units. This can be created by going to, Settings >> Company Settings >> Business Unit > Add New.
Under business units, one can create Departments under which, sub-departments can be created. To do this, go to Settings >> Company Settings >> Departments > Add New
On click on ‘Add New’, you will be able to add department (under a Business Unit), or a sub-department (under existing/new department)
3. Notification email for new Poll or Announcement
When creating a new Poll or Announcement, you will now find ‘Notify Employees through Email’ option, to send a notification email to your employees, informing them about the new Poll or Announcement.
The option (displayed below) appears when creating Poll and/or Announcement:
4. Clubbed ‘Disable Login’ & ‘Initiate Exit’ option on employee’s profile
The action buttons ‘Disable Login’ and ‘Initiate Exit’ on an employee page were earlier depicted as shown below:
This has now been clubbed under one option ‘Actions’ and is depicted as:
In case you have any questions regarding the recent updates, write to email@example.com.