1. Added ability to delete One Time payments and deductions in bulk
Previously, there was no option to delete one time payments and deductions in bulk. Now, we have given the option to do this but only by Keka representatives. Please contact Keka Support to get this done.
2. Updated the tax calculation rules for 2019-20 FY as per the budget
Following are the changes that are made in the budget. The below changes are effective from April-2019.
- Standard deduction from Rs.40000/- to Rs.50000/-
- Rebate under Section 87A from Rs. 2.5k of Rs. 12,500 when income is Rs. 5L and below.
3. Added ability to hold the Salary Payout of the employee
A new step called Salary Payout on hold is added under Salaries on Hold & Arrears in Payroll >> Run Payroll
This option is useful to hold the Salary Payout and still continue to file the compliance like PF,ESI,TDS and PT and any recurring deductions of the employees.
Marking any employee’s salary as “Hold salary payout this month” will include that employee in PF/ESI/PT/TDS calculations and reports and will be excluded from Employee Payables(i.e. the payment that we make to the employees). This will not have any impact on the employee IT Computation.
The On-Hold salary payout can be released using “Release salary payout” option or can be voided using “Void salary payout” in the next months as shown in the below image.
If any employee’s salary is marked as “Hold salary payout this month” then that employee will be shown with an Orange color dot (as an indicator) in Pay register.
Pay slips will be generated in the month in which the Salary payouts are released.
4. Changed the “Salary on hold” wizard name to “Salary Processing on hold” under salaries on hold & Arrears step in Payroll >> Run Payroll
If we mark any employee salary as Hold Salary Processing this month then that employee will be excluded from PF/ESI/PT/TDS calculation and this option will have impact on the employee IT Computation.
The actions that can be made in the next month for above actions are:
- Hold salary processing this month – Can be used to continue to hold processing in the succeeding month also.
- Process as Salary – Can be used if user wants to process the previous month salary in current month. This will appear under the actual month(it was supposed to be processed). The Pay slip will also be generated and displayed under actual month.
- Process as arrears – Salary will be processed as arrears in the current month. No separate pay slip will be generated for the actual month , and the arrear will appear only in the current month’s pay slip.
- Void salary processing – Salary processing will be discarded.
- Hold salary Payout this month – This will convert the salary processing hold to salary payout on hold.