Health Unit Coordinator Interview Questions
A Health Unit Coordinator will be equipped with clerical duties with exposure to unexpected tense situations. You need to base your decision on candidates’ potential and skills to tackle such situations, which also include multitasking.
Being the first point of contact for patients and their family members, they need to keep all details at bay to be able to respond and attend quickly to a query. Their communication skills, patience and ability to juggle tasks successfully show their perfection for the role.
- Why do you want to work with our hospital?
- Why did you choose to become a HUC?
- How would you deal with the family members of a patient who want to meet them outside visiting hours?
- What would you do if there an emergency case came in and there was no doctor available to attend to him/her?
- How would you rate your typing speed?
- How comfortable are you with excel sheets and technology in general to maintain records?
- How would you ensure all files are safe and in place?
- How would you manage between 2 tasks- say taking the biometrics and demographic values of a patient and attending 2 cases who have just come in?
- How do you prioritize work?
- What do you know about (any specific one related to your geography) epidemiology?
- What would you do if an emergency patient comes in for his specialist doctor who isn’t responding to your calls?
- What importance do you think customer service has for the role of an HUC?
- How do you deal with conflicting teammates?
- Tell us about a time you dealt with aggressive family members of a patient?
- What’s the most fulfilling part of your job?