Form 24G is a form that is required to be filled by the Accounts Office as per the income tax department. Form 24G is an electronic document. Form 24G carries all the information of tax deducted at source (TDS). This information is later on submitted to the Drawing and Disbursement Officer (DDO) for further processing. This form is very useful to Accounts Officer (AO) for filing the TDS.
Components of Form 24G
- It contains the details about the Accounts office like the Accounts office identification number, name, contact information, etc.
- It contains the category of Account office, whether Central or State Government along with the details of the State or Ministry.
- It contains the Month and year for which the form is filed.
- It contains a summary of the payment and the nature of the deduction.
- It contains the DDO payments.