In the recruitment process, the vacancy was created to fulfill the position that was previously held and got available due to the resignation, termination, or promotion of the previous employee. By backfilling the job position a company ensures continuity in work that affects the company’s performance at the end as well as recruitment. This way no job position is left empty.
Few reasons to backfill a job position:
- Resignation of an employee
- Termination of an employee
- Long leave due to other reasons
- Maternity or Paternity Leave
- Promotion of an employee
- Retirement of an employee
Why is backfilling beneficial?
- Important tasks are not neglected
- Work is not hampered and continuity is constant
- No negativity due to lack of resources
- Continuity in the recruitment process
- Develop a qualified and skilled team