Data Scientist Interview Questions
A Data Scientist is required to analyze and manipulate data in a way to leverage it for better business outcomes. It is one of the major roles at any company as data holds tremendous potential to turn tables for a company’s success. Ensure you select the right candidate with in-depth questions about their experience, analytical and intuitive skills, and knowledge of the domain. If the role requires leading a team, ensure you ask managerial questions as well.
Here are some questions to help you find the right fit for your company.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a data scientist should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you prioritize work?
- What do you think are your prime duties?
- What is the first thing you’ll focus on if you’re hired?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- What is your management style?
- What is your leadership style?
- How do you deal with conflicts in team?
- Which data analytic techniques do you follow the most?
- How does a data scientist’s role affect the company?
- When will you consider a data set unusable?
- How do you evaluate data-driven features?
- How will you develop analytic products to solve business problems?
- Your team created a model with 90% accuracy. Tell us about the ways you will ensure its preciseness?
- What methods will you follow to collaborate with stakeholders?
- Tell us about your comfort with tight deadlines.
- Tell us about your experience with a team project.
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job.
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.