Business Development Manager Interview Questions
As a business development manager, my key responsibilities would be to build relationships with clients to ensure business growth. The ideal candidate will be proactive, analytical, and confident. You will get a gist of the person’s potential for this role as soon as they walk in the interview room as the right fit will be presentable and have good body language. They will portray time management, communication, and decision-making skills. Additionally, you can also screen them over the industry trends and strategies that they implemented in their earlier job.
These questions will help you find the perfect Business Development Manager for your company.
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What according to you are the qualities a business development manager should possess?
- How do you define yourself?
- How do you think the company will be affected positively by hiring you?
- What do you think are the major challenges of this job?
- How do you think your past experience has helped you for your present role?
- How do you evaluate that a lead is worth pursuing? How do you ascertain that you’re not wasting your time on them?
- How do you prioritize tasks? Say you have to retain a long-term customer and new client. Whom will you attend to first?
- Tell us about a time when you lost a customer or client. What had gone wrong? What did you learn from it?
- Sell me this (any specific product around you) within 5 minutes.
- What if a client was going with your competitor who doesn’t have the features they were looking for?
- What will you do if a customer if you got to know that a customer is taking the demo of a competitor’s product?
- How would you evaluate a deal?
- Which sales trends do you follow? How do you stay updated?
- Tell us about a time when you negotiated the pricing of a product with a client.
- How do you deal with aggressive clients?
- What would you do if a customer says that they found a similar product like yours for a much lesser price in the market?
- How do you stay in touch with existing customers?
- Tell us about a time when you felt fulfilled with your job?
- Defend the remuneration package that you want.