Accountant Interview Questions
An accountant is a professional who documents business transactions on behalf of a corporation, provides management with company performance reports, and produces financial statements. For accountants, the interview stage of the hiring process is crucial. Companies need to be able to evaluate a candidate’s confidence and ability to articulate complex financial concepts.
Here, we are listing down some of the most frequently asked accounting interview questions:
- Tell me a little bit about the background.
- Which accounting procedures are most familiar to you?
- What is your accounting software technical experience?
- What is your experience working in different industries?
- Are you a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)?
- How do you deal with difficult situations or conversations with others?
- What are your methods for planning and prioritizing your day?
- Tell us about a time when you had a tight deadline to meet. How did you deal with it?
- Other than your client activities, how have you added value to your company?
- Why do you want to work for this company?
- What would you say an accountant’s job is in the greater context of an organization?
- What are the three forms of financial statements and why are they relevant to accountants?
- Are you willing to work after business hours and possibly on weekends to assist our company during tax season?
- Can you explain the difference between accounts payable and accounts receivable?
- What is your definition of working capital and what part does it play in corporate finance?
- What do you do to keep your knowledge of accounting tools and procedures up-to-date?
- How have you assisted businesses or customers in saving money or making better use of their financial resources?